1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Best selling Trucks

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 24, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

No surprise there !!
  3. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

The arrow buttons where going in the wrong direction so when I clicked on the right button to go to the next vehicle it went to the Suzuki Equator. I went WHAAA?? How can this be the second highest selling truck, I've never even seen one of these:confused:

Then I realized I was on # 15.:D:D

I miss my GMC. I sold my last truck several years ago and bought a roof rack for my car.
  4. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

I've got a Dodge diesel 4x4 pickup, an extended-body full-size Ford van & haven't owned a car for 30 years, Tom !! People ask me why & the answer is real simple - the American-made truck & van will do everything a car will do + a whole bunch of things a car won't do, which is exactly what I need 'em for !!

And God invented Sportsters for when I don't need to carry something big / heavy !!! Somebody says well, I get 30 mpg with a little car - so what? I get 50 mpg on a Sportster & the truck that gets 19 mpg will pull 3 of those small cars on my trailer !!!

What's your cost-per-mile? That's the question. I drove semis for several years as an independent & that's what you MUST consider - or you go broke. Break it down to cost-per-mile & small foreign cars can cost a lot more to operate than one American-made pickup or van - make one trip with the truck / van instead of 5 with the little car.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

art you said that right just make one trip in comfort ,I get about 20 mpg in my 01 dodge diesel LWB Q cab & have never had to make two trips to haul anything :D
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Interesting that Tunda, #4 has an 89% increase in sales in March

A response to the Toyota giveaway on all cars and trucks
    to stay in the market. Sales are way up because you
    can get one for nothing... well practically nothing.

Dodge was down 22% Ford and Gm up 20+%
  7. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

If I had a construction business - sure, no doubt, but I'm only a home owner. I never need a truck load of anything. I'm lucky too because Lowes and HomeDepot are only a mile or so from my house.

So the math for me is at 20,000 miles per year. I would much rather drive my 30 mile/gallon car and put up with the extra trip to the hardware store if I need to.
  8. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Ford posts $2.1 billion 1Q profit on strong sales

DEARBORN, Mich. – Ford Motor Co. said Tuesday it earned $2.1 billion in the first quarter, another sign the economy is improving as people spend more on big-ticket items like cars. The automaker expects to be solidly profitable this year, a year earlier than its previous guidance. * * *

Ford, the only Detroit-area automaker to shun government aid and stay out of bankruptcy protection last year, gained market share from crosstown rivals General Motors Co. and Chrysler Group LLC. It also benefited from Toyota Motor Corp.'s safety recalls of millions of vehicles. Ford was one of the top brands considered by Toyota owners who were shopping for a new car, Kelley Blue Book said. * * *

The company was profitable in its key North American market, but it also made money in Asia, South America and Europe. In the U.S., it saw strong sales of the F-150 pickup and Ford Fusion sedan, while the new Fiesta small car sold well in Asia.

Full story:
    Ford posts $2.1 billion 1Q profit on strong sales - Yahoo! News

Whether you like Ford or not, I think it's important that they did NOT go into bankruptcy, let the Gov't. tell them who to have as CEO, how to run their business, etc. And if I'm not mistaken, the F-150 is still the best-selling pickup in the world, 30-some-odd years running. I like my Dodge better, but also have a Ford van & the most important thing is an American co. making it on their own, without "bailouts", etc.
  9. hotroadking

Art that's exactly my thoughts...
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

11. steveb

steveb Active Member

I have owned Ford trucks for 36 years no surprise to me they are #1.
  12. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

I get a company truck and last year they tried switchin me to a Ranger over my F-150 to save gas, it used twice as much gas in the city and couldn't hall my smallest trailer! I like the airmiles(company credit card my airmiles card:cool:) I got with ranger but took the F-150 back after my legs cramped up in that matchbox pick-up
  13. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

I have owned 2 150 Ford Trucks and are good trucks...drive a company Rager nice truck too and last two were Dodge....the last one 4x4 Dodge 1500 Hemi.....bought new 2003 and Pulling 10000 Lbs camper.....100000 miles and only put brakes on front and a battery in 7 years!!!! Really happy with the Ram!!!!
  14. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Got a F150 with over 70,000 miles.

Got a F250 4x4 Powerstroke with over 165,000 miles.
    Got a E350Powerstroke with over 220,000 miles

Before I got my Wifes F150 Supercab.
    I took her to the Toyota dealer, she has already had a toyota that had gotten stolen, Parts for the Toyota were out of sight.
    She just got outof a used Chevy Silverado we just sold, so we went to the chevy dealer and let her drive all of them. Chevy had blind spots for her.
    Took her to the Dodge dealer and let her drive all of them.
    Took her to the Ford dealer and let her drive them. She liked the Ford the best so I signed the paper and let her pick the one she wanted.
    My wife likes her F150 better than any truck she has ever owned or driven.
    She doesn't want to drive anything else, and no she doesn't like cars, never wanted a car either..
    Her sister comes over wantin to borrow her truck and left her car for her to drive.
    Next time her sister came over wantin to drive her truck she said.
    Sue I ain't driving yer car, you ain't borrowing my truck, go rent one.
    I laughed.

If I git a new truck its gonna be a FORD.

for 2011 Ford is coming out with a new 6.7 Diesel I believe it is that is suppose to have more power and git better fuel economy.
    Got a buddy that wrecked his 6.0 and is lookin at the new 2011 F250 or F350

And being mechanical anything can happen with any of them.
    I've had them all but some just are more dependable than the others and the parts don't cost as much.
  15. hotroadking

I would like to see a small diesel in the F150...
  16. cardboard

A few years ago Ford was talkin about it.

But wound up blowin it off.
  17. chucktx

but, there is enough room for a small diesel if ya want to do the conversion yourself!!!!! piece of cake!!!!!!!
  18. cardboard

Who's Diesel you thinkin about using a VW?
  19. chucktx

20. cardboard

Is the frame and Springs strong enough to put a cummings in a 1/2 ton truck.

And what kind of tranny and rear end are you gonna use for all the torque ?