1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Best Slip on's

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Streetglider, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Streetglider

Streetglider New Member

I just sold my 02 Fatboy and bought a 06 Streetglide and i am trying to find the best slip on .Any suggestions? I heard Rinehart is the way to go. I am open to suggestions.:confused:
  2. GS6DLC

GS6DLC New Member

V&h Oval Slip-ons Have My Vote

Vance and Hines oval slip-ons! Just put some on my Street Glide. I put the Stage I air filter, the Vance and Hines Fuelpak, then the slip-ons. Couldn't leave it at that, so I went back to DP, got the Vance and Hines true duals too, re-dialed in the Fuelpak and now I'm all set! I'm very impressed with the sound.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  3. scooter

scooter New Member

Okay, well,

The "BEST" slip ons are........

The ones that you really like. It's that simple.:D

scoot
  4. Streetglider

Streetglider New Member

Thanks for the feedback.Did you see any gains by going with the true duals?And how do like the streetglide?I have not pick mine up yet.
  5. Streetglider

Streetglider New Member

Any gains with the true duals? How do you like the streetglide?I have not picked mine uo yet.
  6. GS6DLC

GS6DLC New Member

Gains In Hp/tq

Yes, the gain is definitely noticable. Dave
  7. CD

CD Guest

It depends on your combination of parts. Our 2KRK 95" with TW37 cams an stock heads is a test bed for many products. We did a test between older Bub X-Dresser headers, Hooker, V&H and Samson mufflers and V&H True Dual headers with the same mufflers. There was a significant improvement in HP and torque when using the V&H True Duals. When we tested the Rinehart's and Hooker True Duals we were quite surprised at the size of the torque gains. We gained nearly 20ft lb of torque with the Hookers and about 5-6ft lb more with the Rineharts. In the end, we gained over 30ft lb of torque just from changing to Rineharts from X-Dressers and slip on mufflers. The HP was limited by the flow of the stock heads.
  8. Streetglider

Streetglider New Member

Thanks for the feedback. What was the torque increase with the V& H? Is there anything to gain if I just use the V&Hbig shot duals instead of true dual headers with mufflers?
  9. sbeamer

sbeamer New Member

gains

Did you mean, the hookers were 20 more than the V&H ? Or they were 20 more than stock ?
  10. RedDawg

RedDawg New Member

Big Boss Slip On

D&D FLH/FLT 3.5" Big Boss Slip On, that is all I have to say for slip-ons!
  11. allanr5

allanr5 New Member

slip-ons

I just changed from SE II slip-ons to the new Rinehart slip-ons on my 04 flstc the rinehart's eliminate the "balance tube" for tru dual exhaust even though the mufflers are staggered much better sound although somewhat louder seat o pants tells me better but dyno will confirm will post results after dyno testing Rob