1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Best Whiskey

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by drillsarge, Mar 30, 2008.

1. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

What is your favorite bourbon and I don't mean that sour trash:roflmao: ,I mean mash they make in TN either. If any a yall ever meet up with me we will tip a bottle of Woodford Reserve(my favorite), the smoothest bourbon ever made. And it is made in Kentucky where the best bourbon is made:D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

aint nutin smoother n' east texas shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roflmao:
  3. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Well now, a subject close to my heart. (Close to hand as well actually, sip)
    My favorite is Wild Turkey. In my cabinet right now is also a jug o Jim Beam, Old Grandad, and Kentucky Gentleman (which techinically is a blended bourbon). I prefer my Turkey on the rocks. Gentleman is good diluted with Coke, and is primarily here 'cause my brother likes it. Ofcourse I'm a student of all disiplines, so right now I'm havin a Black Velvet -Coke. Enjoy Crown Royal very much, and have developed a real taste for Calvert Extra (which is American, not Canadian).
    I would be very happy to tip a glass of your favorite with you. Always time for a good sip of whiskey and conversation with a new friend !!
    Hmmmmm,,,,, Turkey on the rocks....... gotta go:D
  4. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Ahh yes. We ever bump heads in person, there better be a jug of that stuff handy !!
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

oh ya!!!!!!!!!! i take it your "samplin" is gone??????? lol
  6. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Sad but true
  7. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

My favorite of bottles that say "Whiskey" on 'em is Jameson's Irish Whiskey. My bourbon-drinking friends who can afford the best love Knob Creek over all others. I tend to stick to scotches over bourbon: Glenmorangie Single Malt (when I want to spend the $) or Famous Grouse blended.

But, heck, I got more than a few Early Times stories...or maybe I should say flashbacks....so its all good.
    :cheers:
  8. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

How about some Old Ezra Brooks 15 year old sippin' whiskey,, comes in a pine box when ya buy it. My ol' man drank JW Dant and Heaven Hill.
  9. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

I keep Southern Comfort in my trunk( for medicinal reason ya know ), I have a row of single malts hidden in the garage, and all of the $20 and under from CostCo above the fridge. What I drink totally depends on circumstance. An ice water and a single malt with a steak works really nice.
  10. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

but it really is

Bourbon Beam tastes like 7up to me. Be interested in hittin' a swig of that Woodford though ain't never tried it. Thanks for the information! We jump down to Ky easily on the weekend I'll look for a bottle of it, in the meantime.

I got some bottles of JDwhiskey that are rare and actually higher proofs.I really like it alot. OPended one and it was smooth as could be for JD. been there to JD on many occassions. Actually got a deed to some land and a squire card to JD.
  11. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Back when my wife and I drank, she used to tip up "Wild Turkey"... She'd walk into a bar and say "Gobble gobble" and the bartender knew... I d=on the other hand downed my share of Jack Daniels!!!:)
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

R U drinkin it out of a shot glass that you pulled both out of the freezer, or you drinkin it with a coke or what. Whiskey that is good with Coke might not be as good straight.\
    Or you drinkin crown over rocks.

:fight:
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Anymore if I drink more then my Bud ,A Jack & water or a shot of Jose Gold does just fine for me , I can't seem to remember some of my younger years to say what I drank :D
  14. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

What no Makers Mark? Great bourbon!

Bookers and Blantons are top notch as is Knob Creek, single barrel bourbons are the top of the game as are Single malt Scotch,

For single malts there are a lot more expensive ones that I've enjoyed however The Dalmore 12 Year old is hard to beat for the money, they also make a Cigar Malt at Dalmore which is harder to find, it's more of a blend but it's good

Have some Jamison at home good stuff almost gone.
  15. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

I'm a Tennesee sipping whiskey kinda guy.

To Quote David Allen Coe "Jack Daniels if you please" .

I've heard some wonderful things about Makers Mark one of these days I'm gonna have to try it.

I can't stand Scotch. Tastes like wet straw to me.

Like Drill Sarge my ol man drank some JW Dant I haven't seen that on the shelf in years. I'm gonna have to try some old Ezra too.
  16. 02dyna

02dyna New Member

Another vote for Jack.:)
  17. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

iced tea

I was at the local horse track about five years ago and saw a cutie tipping a bottle of jack and chasing it with lipton iced tea. Next thing ya know we are tippping and chasing with lipton iced tea she is originaly from TN/KY but lives in Canada. She brings down the cuban cigs once a year and we split a bottle with her and lipton, FYi she works for NESTea but it does not work or taste as good. Try it you will be surprised. This is coming from a fella that has snorted JD thru a straw just to win a bet for my friend. I did'nt have to buy the shot so who really won?! :D :cool: and it was years ago when I was in the service and invincible in my youth.
  18. LowJack

LowJack New Member

+1 :D Ezra and I go back a long way
  19. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

I'll use Jim Beam to make sours and put mixes in But its Makers Mark with water for special days. That would be branch water by the way.:)
  20. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

That stuff makes me fall down :D so I have to stick with beer and 1800.