1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Big Shot 2002 EFI Fat Boy

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Ace Man, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Ace Man

Ace Man New Member

I just ordered the Big Shot Staggered for my ride because I wanted a lower rummble sound. I also wanted alittle more noise then the stock pipes. But from what I read here on this site.... I might be getting a loud high pitch sound rather than the low rummble I wanted. :confused: So What I want to know is if anyone is happy with these pipes?
  2. bikerbob

bikerbob New Member

Big Shots

I just put the big shots on my Heritage and I personally don't like the sound. If you want a deep sound, they are not what you want. Very loud, high pitch, popping sound. P.S. I have a set of big shots, staggered for sale, 15 minutes use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Ace Man

Ace Man New Member

Biker Bob

What pipe did you go with?
  4. SISK

SISK New Member

Big Shots

Ace Man,

I've had the V&H Big Shots on my Heritage for 9 months now and have been very pleased with them. :D I think the sound is nice and low and not too loud. Obviously the sound is a personal preference, what may be loud to a goldwing rider may sound great to a H-D rider. Anyway, the Big Shots look great, and V&H offers a quieter baffle that can be installed if you think it is too loud. I was concerned about the sound when I was first shopping for pipes, I didn't want a loud cracker pipe, and once you get the pipes, they won't take 'em back if you don't like 'em. I suggest you go down to the dealer, or to a group gathering for a ride and look around for a bike with the Big Shots on and ask for a "listen". The pipes are quite popular and should be fairly easy to find a bike with them on.
    Or you can give me your phone # and I'll call and rev the pipes for ya! :cool:

sisk
  5. CD

CD Guest

High pitched?

Maybe if you were comparing them to 3" tubes. I have found the Big Shots to have a low rumble not as low as some but certainly not what I would consider high pitched by any means.
  6. Ace Man

Ace Man New Member

To all

Thanks for the help I had a chance to hear them and they should do just fine. :)