1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Big Shots evolution

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Changed my exhaust again. Not the whole exhaust, just how they look. I like the wrap when it was new and clean, but it gets so beat up so quickly. And I hated to wash the bike with it on, because it just degraded it more and made it stink. So the ceramic heat coat is the latest. I like the way it looks with the finish on my engine.

Attached Files:

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That looks good against all that chrome :)
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Personally I think they even look better now, nice job and good looking bike. :)
  4. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

They look really nice.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks great!
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Thanks. It's not a great picture, but the finish does make the chrome on the engine stand out. I almost wish I went with black, but it was a gloss black, and I wasn't crazy about it. I'd like to get a smaller seat for around town, but I don't want to pay for a new one. If anyone knows of a small Softail seat laying around somewhere, let me know. Also need to replace those cables. They were cheap temp ones until I knew I'd like the bars - 2 years ago. :rolleyes: I just wish I could remember what size I put on there so I'd know what to order. :banghead:
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Judy uses a HD Bandlander seat for around town and shorter rides, although she did use it on our California trip last year, way to hard for me, I'm a Sundowner seat type guy.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Call my friend caphil at www.harleypartscheap.com

He can hook you up good price and get the Teflon lined cables. Smooth easy pull last long time

Tell him hrk sent you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Yes, they look great. And the coating should outlast the pipes. I'm thinking of pulling my pipes and polishing 'em up with some Blue Job. You don't have to worry about that anymore!