1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Big weekend coming up

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

This Saturday is "Sasha's Ride". I"m going to meet up with a bunch of friends to ride over to a Greyhound track nor side of Houston for a special evening to benefit children's blood disorder research. Sasha is a friend's daughter who died two years ago of Leukemia at age 7. It is a very sad story. Sasha was such a cute and vibrant little girl. We all miss her. I cannot imagine what her mom, Yuliya, went through during those times. I lost my mom to cancer about that time, but my mom was 78 years old. To lose your little girl so young just has to be devistating.

Home Saturday evening. Out Sunday about noon to Baytown for another flat track TT. Gonna be a busy and fun weekend. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate, too! I'm lookin' forward to it all.

If anyone wants to participate in Sasha's Ride, we're meeting at Honda of Houston, kickstands up at 4pm Saturday afternoon. All bikes welcome. I was going to ride my Wing over there because Yuli thought it'd be cool to give some of the kids rides around the parking lot. The people from the foundation thought that'd be really cool. Most of the bikes going are sport bikes with tiny pillons and no back rests. But, the Oldwing has it's heads off waiting on gaskets. Friggin' head on the left side wore through to the water jacket holes and was allowing compression to blow out the water in the radiator. :mad: Well, at least it's a pretty easy job. Just gotta get a top end gasket set. Gonna change both sides so I don't wind up out in the sticks somewhere and the other side go out.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Goose, Sounds like a great ride. I would love to attend but school/class calls. I will be working clinical rotations in the NICU Friday/Saturday/Sunday from 07-19 all 3 days. Sorry. Enjoy the ride!!
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

Well, it was neat. I met up with the group at Metric Cycles just of 610 loop in the heights in Houston. We rode from there over to Honda of Houston and then on to the track. There were HUGE numbers of participants in the walk. We all got a lighted ballon to walk the track with. If you were a cancer survivor, you got a white ballon, otherwise red. It's a horse track, BTW, not a dog track that we went too. If you know the Houston area north, it's Sam Houston park, just off the beltway on the north side. I think they said total they raised 385,000 for lymphoma research. Whadda great bunch of people!

I've got a terrible head cold. Had to get off the bike three times on the way home and blow my nose, miserable! Supposed to go flat tracking tomorrow and I really don't wanna miss that. Hope I feel a little better. I'm out of sinus pills. I'll get some in the morning I reckon.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2005