1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike fest in daytona in october

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by baggerpaul, Aug 30, 2011.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

whos riding up and whos riding down ? :D maybe we can invade HRK'S neck of the woods and toss a few cold ones back .:rolleyes:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That sounds like fun, wished I could be there.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I plan on going up over the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

If your talkin about Biketoberfest there is a small chance I might be in the 'hood visiting big brother in Melbourne.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

man that would be nice , I have a brother in ocala , but my time & $ is tied up in Horse's or what happened to them :banghead:
  6. baggerpaul

well keep me posted i owe Hrk a cold one and it would be nice to meet up with you guys as well . that can make it down . maybe i can get tommy c to jump on that shovel and ride up with me .he is from down here as well . weather gets a bit cooller not much . next month should be a nice ride from hollywood to daytona.
  7. Fatboy128

If your in Hollywood, chances are you may have gotten a ticket from my second cousin! :roflmao:
  8. baggerpaul

thats funny us italians got second cusins in every state . lol:roflmao:
  9. baggerpaul

I was born in rockway and lived in hampton bays when i was a kid chances are i got a brother or sister still in new york . you know how those italian fathers are lol . back in the old days moms did not ask questions . lol
  10. Fatboy128

Ha! We had a bungalow in Breezy Point when I was a toddler. Rockaway Playland was like Coney Island! I know Hampton Bays well. Fished there a l,ot

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. baggerpaul

when the albacores run its alot of fun . when i was a little boy my older brother would hook up on them and hand me the pole and tell me to hold on . lots of fun lots of good times as a young boy . my wife is from sheepheads bay her whole family are sweds all fishermen .from brooklyn
  12. Fatboy128

False Albies are a blast on the fly rod! Down south they call them Bonito. So are skipjack and baby bluefin. Now the guys from texas are gonna break our chops 'cause they use them fer bait! Up hear there is a another fish which is actually a the Atlantic Greenback Bonito which is a true tuna. :roflmao:
    Were we talking about bikes??? :roflmao:
  13. baggerpaul

ya i know bro we catch the hell out of them down here . i fish all the time with my boys down here . my boys use them for bait to catch big snappers. they are fun lots of back work for the big ones . any how hope you can make it down for bike fest
  14. Fatboy128

My in-laws have a second home down near Daytona. A private community where they land their plane. It kills me that I don't take advantage of the offer to stay there whenever I want. I did a few times and fished at Daytona Shores/Ponce Inlet. Got babyTarpon, Specks, Lady Fish and other creatures. Got chased by a Lemon shark in knee deep water. They say don't panic, don't splash, yeak right I ran as fast as I could on top of the water! I've been trying to get Daddy Warebucks to put a Harley in the hangar for his use when he's there (and I would be more than willing to clean the muffler bearings when I would be there).
  15. hotroadking

16. Fatboy128

17. baggerpaul

i would have love to see you running away from a lemon shark with a rod in your hand:roflmao: . same thing happen to me in the keys we were fising for permit out on the flats and my boy hooked up and there comes the lemon .we splashed we yelled and we got out
  18. Fatboy128

There's more; This was early in the am. The publbic beach at Daytona Shores wasn't yet open so I had to park in the Ponce Inlet lot. I had to walk a short ways along the pier on the jetty then hop down on the beach. I passed an old timer who was fishing in the inlet. We exchanged good mornings. I waded out just over my knees and was working out the fly line. There were 28" or so Tarpon feeding. My first cast was about 25 feet out and as i was stripping in the fly a fin comes up out of the water following the fly. Now I am thinking what the hell is that? Then the head came out of the water and slashed at the fly. I saw a lot of FN teeth! What amazed me was the shallow water and that there could have been a hundred of them between me and the beach. He was about 4 feet long. As I ran he followed me all the way in. Scaring the poop outa me. Trns out I snagged him in the gills. So I broke him off and left. Now I had to walk past the old timer again. He said beautiful mornin huh? I told him what just happened. He says "Yeah, you FN New Yorkers, you see fish splashin your thinking Blue Fish, Striped Bass or Bonito. When we see fish splashin we think Shaarrrkkk!"
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  19. baggerpaul

dude my wife thinks im crazy im sitting in my kitchen in tears cause i laugh so fn much. i can see that old man sayin that to ya !!! he is so right . we know it might be a shark but were think school of fish cant be a shark in this shallow water. bull **** i know better now!
  20. hotroadking

Ponce inlet is shark haven.....