1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike is home

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I've been so busy with work and moving. I don't even know if I've told you guys that I'm transferring to the Range and working at corporate headquarters at the end of the month. I found this great apartment with a huge garage. I'm very excited about it. The complex is under construction and my apartment isn't even done yet, but I have a temporary garage in the next building.

I got my bike back from Thunder Mountain on Saturday with the new fat tire and rear wheel. I don't have a photo yet, but she's beautiful. I don't think there's anything left I want to change, unless of course it's a 6 speed, but I really don't need it like I used to. The dealership continues to treat me better than I ever would have imagined. At a place where they sell $30K customs, I didn't figure my service bill would be as impressive to them as it is to me. I was at the service department dropping the bike off a couple of weeks ago and said something about meeting friends at Hooters (they share a parking lot). While I was there, the service adviser showed up - I'd left my glasses there. Unbelievable.

So now I'm trying to pack and make trips down on the weekends, when the road is open. You may have heard about our 70 car pile-up. Nothing surprises me with this place anymore. I think we got another 6 inches of snow today. It helps knowing I'll be out of here soon and riding all the time. :D

It's so nice to have my bike in it's own garage now. It'll share the garage with my quilting frame and all my other artsy stuff. I can do my oil changes and other maintenance in a clean dry place. I'm very happy about that.
  2. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Congrats on your success out there. The feeling of "My bike is home" I know very well as mine just got back herself. Best High in the world if you ask me. Enjoy the high, I am sure you will reach another cloud when that snow goes and you actually get a nice ride in. Stay safe and avoid those 70 car pile ups. :D
  3. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

It sounds like things are moving along nicely for you. I'm glad to hear it. I look forward to seeing some pics of the upgrades you've done.

I wish I could get my bike OUT of my garage. The weather has been bad here too. Even if the whether was nice, I've been tied up with other jokes life has decided to spring on me all at once to get my bike tuned up and fix the leaks I need to get to.

Oh well. Another couple of weeks and I should be all set.
  4. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Well Abby I wont rub it in or anything we did 200 mi on Saturday & 350 on Sunday great weekend to top it off we had Tornadoes in the area last night didn't get real close 15miles or so got a little hail some strong winds.One of my Hands said his front yard was about 4" deep with hail about Pea size. Glad your bike is home maybe try snow tires HA HA

Tiny
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I rode on Saturday. It's like living in two completely different places. Up here there's a ton of snow and the weather is hostile. 60 miles away, down on the Range, it's warm and sunny all the time. And I thought New England was screwed up! I saw nothing surprises me any more, but it does. I'm still amazed that I can leave home and it's 19 degrees and snowing. Just crossing the continental divide, about 10 miles from where I live now, the temperature will rise about 10 degrees and the weather is clear and sunny. Another 50 miles and it's riding weather. Of course I get it in reverse on my way home. Beautiful day riding, sunny, some color in my face... cross the continental divide and there are chain restrictions and 6 inches of unplowed snow on the interstate and white-out conditions.

I always have mixed emotions when I'm down on the Range and look at the mountains. Just looking at them I think how beautiful they are. Then when I remember that I have to go back there, :gah:.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations Abby and you'll enjoy the mountains more in the summer months. :) Were going to have temps in the 70's this weekend however it still does me no good as I'm not able to ride yet.
  7. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Clothing would be a big Issue there taking it off going and putin back on coming home. Yea I forgot the sunscreen I look like a coon red from the glasses down white from the eyes up with that nice shade outline. My wife said don't were your shades for a while and get some sun on them eyes. I said I will if you will she said I guess we will just look like coons for a while, yea all Summer:roflmao:
    :cool:
  8. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

you get very frustrated abby, but I sneak a ride in now and again, the weather up north of you get the wind and it;s a cold wind, but no guts no glory, when spring fully arrives then summer then fall you will over look the winters, ......at least until feb/april, then the restless ness kicks in again. now that your in the denver area, you will defenatly get more ridin in than you think.
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am glad your finally getting close to being settled in, feels good doesnt it!!!!! congrats on the new place and job placement! have fun!!!!!!!!!:)

soooooooooo when ya gonna bake a bunch of cookies and invite us all over???????:roflmao:
  10. SK

SK New Member

Glad things are getting better and a little more settled for ya Abby. Spring is here and getting better..soon. I just drove up from Las Vegas (70s and to be 90 degrees this Sunday) to Glenwood Springs yesterday and woke up to big flakes of snow falling out of the sky. Too bad my back's out, or I'd go skiing today. I see the weather is supposed to be mid-60s this weekend in Denver (I'm heading there Friday). Should be nice for a good ride along the front range.
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Don't laugh! I'll bake the cookies, and if you aren't scared, you can come to Denver. ;)
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks abby!!!!!!!! sounds like a great roadtrip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  13. bdfin

bdfin New Member

I was down there for work for a week about 3 weeks ago. Actually was working in Loveland and went by Thunder Mt., nice place. It was typical spring on the front range, 65 and windy as hell. You could look up to the mountains and they were just socked in, and later on the news saw it snowing sideways in Vail. It is amazing the difference in climate you can go through down there. When I was living in the Denver area we had some almost 80 degree days in April.....and one year it snowed almost 30 inches down there about the first of April. It can be warm and summery one day and a freekin blizzard the next.....kept it interesting anyways. It will be brutally hot down there some days this summer and you'll be riding back up I-70 to cool off.
    So it sounds like the huge pain in the ass it was to get out there has paid off.
    Enjoy life there.