1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike out of the shop/storage

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by billym64, Mar 19, 2010.

1. billym64

billym64 New Member

well its been a looooong 5 months of having my bike at the shop for some work being done and winter storage. up here in western new york area (buffalo) i feel very fortunate to have gotten my bike out so early; been in the upper 50's all week!! no snow on the ground, a nice couple of rains to get rid of the salt!! cant ask for much more- took a nice ride yesterday and today- probably get oiut again tomorrow before it cools down sunday. be safe everybody!!!!!:D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very cool!!! stay safe and have fun!
  3. steveb

steveb Active Member

I know exactly how you feel. Mine st in the garage for 5 months had it out for a week now and it does feel really good to be back in the saddle again.
    Ride safe watch out for those cagers they aren't used to watching for bikes this early.:)
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got mine out a week ago and got some serious miles on it - then took it in to the local wrench and had a new Dunlop E III put on the front - they were so swamped with customers that they had to keep it overnight and I just got it back today. Only got about 5 miles on the new tire but handling is a marked improvement over the the E II I replaced - also the wrench found that the wheel bearings were rusted and dry so I had him replace those also.
    Unless something unforseen happens in the next 4 weeks I'm ready for my trip to NC and Fla.
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I went to school in Potsdam. I know how brutal winters are in northern New York. Have you ever gone east and crossed the river at Cape Vincent on the ferry? I love that trip.
  6. SteveRace

SteveRace New Member

Here in wisconsin, we had a fews nice days too. Put some fire in them cyclinders, and put about 200 miles on. Today as I look out the window, ITS SNOWING!
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

hey steverace, is that a sundowner seat you have your fatboy?
  8. SteveRace

SteveRace New Member

I bought the bike last april, it came with the seat. I wish I could answer your question, but to tell you the truth, I dont know. It does have HD US sewn in both sides in gold ( mostly coverd by strap), and harley logo on the release and ajustment lever for the back support. Nice seat though, for rider too, not as narrow and more padding for my boney ass, as the stock seat.
  9. broncoman

broncoman New Member

Steve, sounds like here in Idaho, ride one day than snows the next. I like the picture of your bike, looks like mine except for the seat. Is that a Mustang seat? And is the driver backrest worth the extra money? Does it get in the way of the passenger getting on and off? The Mustang is to be a good seat but is it worth 5-6 bills? thanks for sharing the picture of your bike!
  10. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

What !

Already got it out and Ridin.
    Man Please !

[​IMG]
  11. chucktx

what year was that taken?? tried gettin ya outa the house this weekend and you declined!!!!!!!!!!! lol
  12. cardboard

Last Year Redneck !
    We liked the scenery. Was kinda hard to ride and look too. And you never knew what the road was gonna do.

Tried to git you and Ricky to go. You had other plans.
    Would of enjoyed you to ride with us.

Ricky was scared CaptVic and me might Race. So he didn't go.

[​IMG]
  13. chucktx

great pic.....got any more????
  14. cardboard

Nah !

We only took one picture Redneck.

[​IMG]
  15. billym64

billym64 New Member

hot01- went fishing years ago when i was younger up to cape vincent, thats about it. going to lake george(AMERICADE) first week in june for a bike rally! cant wait!!! man, you sure have to have your A game going now a days with 7 out of 10 cagers going by have their heads down texting or talking on the cell phones not paying one bit attention to whats going on around them. be careful everybody!!!!!!:D