1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike Rally in TEAXS!!!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Monster_Mastiff87, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Monster_Mastiff87

Monster_Mastiff87 New Member

I live on the outskirts of Houston Texas...I am or
    it started i think thursday or wednesday, its a five day event, its in Livingston i believe, anyone up for goin??? its gonna be a bad-ass rally David Allan Coe is gonna be there 38 Special kicked off the night on Wednesday...just wanted to let everyone know, but if im wrong about location someone please correct me, i`ll check on it later today...
  2. Kimberly42

Kimberly42 New Member

Don't know about that one, but the ROT Rally happens June 1-5 in Austin. Waco is also having a rally, in Sept. I think. There is also one in Fredericksburg (May?) and S Padre Island in the fall. Plenty to choose from. If you are in Houston, S Padre is convenient for you.
  3. Monster_Mastiff87

well actually i got confirmation it is in SUMMERVILLE... I am in houston and i would be goin to it this weekend, but as we speak i am packing to go home (to new orleans) for the weekend...my uncle will be doin some tattoo work on me and im goin to do some partyin...but oh well i got at least 60 more years to make it....but i do plan on goin to some this summer...may be we all (in texas) can form some sort of meeting there, that would be cool....

Keep Ridin,
    Brian
  4. Goose

Goose New Member

That's probably the annual Stevens and Pruitt "Dogs on Hogs" rally. If you like strippers, naked women on stage, this is the rally for you. :D They do get rowdy from what I've heard. It benefits their ranch for kids or something.

Now, South Padre close to HOUSTON????? :eek: I'm in Port Lavaca, two hours south of Houston down the coast and only a little over an hour north of Corpus and it's a 5 hour ride to south padre from here. It's a big state! Sommerville is one HECK of a lot closer! Even Austin is closer.
  5. Goose

Goose New Member

We saw DA Coe in Austin a few years back. He puts on a good show. Man, he looks like death warmed over, though, grim reaper, LOL! A long life of chemical abuse must do that to you.

I won't get to Austin this year either. I've got to be at a road race that weekend in Cresson at Motor Sports Ranch SW of Fort Worth. I'm committed to the CMRA mini endurance series and have to be there. More fun anyway than a rally. ;) We've got a race weekend before that with Texas Mini GP in Denton and I have a flat track in Waller weekend before that! It's going to be a busy three weeks for me. I can't wait to put on the steel shoe again. :D I haven't flat tracked in 6 months, but I've been draggin' knee pucks to stay on the edge. ;) If you're in Houston, come up to Waller Saturday evening May 21 to Hilltop Raceway ( http://www.hilltopracewaypark.com http://www.jarrellracing.com ) and get a pit pass and come say hi. I'll be on a XR100 mad dawg class bike. I was running number 11 cause it's easy to make with electrical tape... :D ...but, I can't say I'll have that number this time out. Hope so cause I forgot to buy numbers last weekend when I was at the CMRA race at Texas World Speedway. I think maybe the local Kaw/Honda place in Victoria might have numbers. Perhaps I should check into that. Anyway, just walk around to XR100s and ask for Jack if you get a pit pass. It's five bucks for spectators, 15 for a pit pass.

I'm supposed to ride to Houston today to the Reliant center. I'm doing a piece for my column in "Thunder Roads Texas" about a 7 year old MX girl that was number one female in the country as a 5 and 6 year old. Her name is Kaitlyn Morrow. She's been invited to the SX to be held today as I type this and I got a press pass to get in and watch her ride and shoot some pix. But, the weather is windy as heck, there's rain on the radar, the ride home looks like it'll be chilly and windy, and I just don't wanna go. LOL! I'll e-mail 'em and see if they have some shots and how she did this weekend. That'll have to do.

Did anyone go to Galveston for the rally they had down there this spring? I don't remember what I was doing, but I was busy that weekend, too, probably racing. If you like going to rallies, though, what we used to call "runs" in Texas, get on the TMRA (Texas Motorcycle Roadrider's Asso.) site and they list ever rally large to small that clubs have around the state.
  6. Monster_Mastiff87

i went to a galveston rally in late october last year, that was a crazy... best one i been to in awhile... i plan to go to ROT rally this summer... and sure thing man i love racing, a co-worker/friend of mine, has a 89 mustang coupe, that runs 5.60 in the 1/8th mile! he just wrecked it about two weeks ago, so its in the shop right now... but yeah ill definatly show up... thatnks for the info.