1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike road like crap

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Red Rider, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Another lesson learned & passed along......

So I went and had work done when I was laid up (as many already know). Bike was running great for awhile and then Street Vibes in Reno came up. I took Ol' Red out there and knew from the get-go that something was wrong. Being onery and a bit more grumpy, I just pushed her - but that didn't make it better. So I pulled the plugs to get a read and I found the rear one fouled and had to think. What could foul one plug but not both? I checked the vacuum issues with WD-40 at the carb - nothing there. So I went to Chaz O'Neil's place in Reno and got another set of plug wires, along with a lot of free brainpower help. And that was the problem - must have overheated one of the stock wires from the coil while burning through a hot summer run to Mt Shasta. Replaced the wires and problem solved.

Hope it gets ya'll runnin' better quicker if it happens to you...
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

good info to know Red cuz you just never know what to expect.
  3. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

Hope you had a grat time at Street Vibes. I got to work all weekend on breakdowns to get folks to the party.
  4. humbucker

humbucker New Member

Hey I saw ya at stree vibes.....great time had !
  5. charlieharley0057

charlieharley0057 New Member

Same thing

Hi Red
    Posted about a similer problem earlier this year when riding through Spain and portugal. Eventually :rolleyes: discovered the same problem one of the HT leads had been damaged and the movement was interupting the power too the plug resulting in missing and the EFI shutting down the engin and then restarting all within a second or two. Not funny when passing 16 wheelers at speed.
    Glad you identified the problem and are now sorted.
    Ride free and easy.