1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bike trailer

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jun 6, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

seeing as we have a place for projects, i poste some pics of the bike trailer in that section....got two nights on it, with help from the 0'lady.....best helper i have!!!!!
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

VERY nice.....THAT is something that I could get used to having....course, got to GET one first....AND have a hitch on the bike.....somebody has a "receiver hitch" that is kinda like on the cars and trucks...pull the draw bar if not in use...would love to have one, but think they run 200 or more...not sure, but know it is out of my budget at this time. got to have that before I can move on to the trailer!!!

Any plans for custom paint on that trailer chuck??!! You could do some wicked graphics on it in SUPER SIZE!!!
  3. chucktx

not going to do any painting on it untill winter probably.......leave it as is for now. a hitch as you speak of would be veryeasy to fab. might cost 50bucks in materials.....not a hard job, actually a piece of cake!!!! :roflmao:
  4. AFNurse

Remember Chuck...Me NURSE, YOU fab artist!!! 1. buy welder, 2 buy steel...3 screw up welder, steel, bike and burn down house.....hmmmmmm 50 bucks huh??!!:roflmao:
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

chuck is that a kit trailer for bikes ? look's pretty good , just don't know if I'am ready to carry all that junk with traveling on the bike :eek:
  6. chucktx

yes, it is sort of a kit, not specific to a bike, and the size can be nearly what you want. the trailer came from harbor frieght....and the box came from sears. the box is 20cuft, but you get them as small or large as you want. i picked the 20 for longer trips....up to 2 weeks or so..possibly even longer with some planning. most of our stuff is spur of the moment, seat of the pants........lol
  7. chucktx

just posted pics of the finished trailer, ready to roll!!!!
  8. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Nice job on the trailer there Chuck!! Got a question.....no graphics on that baby?!?! :roflmao: What's up with that?!
  9. chucktx

it's hard to add graphics when its running down the hiway!! lol lol....i may put something on it this winter....
  10. AFNurse

working on MY graphics...... doesn't have time for those of his own!! ;) :devil: :roflmao:
  11. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

It's just like the saying goes, huh Chuck? You always got time to do stuff for others, but never enough time to do something for yourself! :D Work on that though, would ya'. I'd like to see some awesome graphics on that, even if it did pass me at 70!! :roflmao:
  12. chucktx

well, got up this morning, loaded 100lbs of walnut shells in the trailer for some weight, grabbed the o'lady and struck out for a ride. stopped in kountz for breakfast, came out and it was raining. put on the rain gear (frog togs) and took off north on 69. rode in LOTS of rain and some dry, hot weather also. stopped in woodville for a bit, started raining again. suited up and headed west to livingston. stopped at the indian reservation, took off gear. headed out, looked like rain again, puton rain gear and took a short cut home through the woods. big mistake....very heavy rain and road work. road bed gone, slippery clay base, rainin so hard i couldnt see....stopped in road, no cover, 4 ways on and sat it out for about 5 minutes......got drenched!!!!! starteed out again, driving on slippery snail snot is not fun....started raining again!!! had to stop, couldnt see......no traffic on this stretch of road, thank goodness.....no sholder, just good ol' redclay base......started out again, got to pavement, and saw an old store with an awning.........shelterd under there until the sun came back out. headed out one more time and kept going, beautiful ride all the way to the house. the trailer pulled like a dream on wet roads, dry roads, muddy roads....the inside was the only dry spot we had!!!!!..... all in all it was a great day....we laughed about it, had fun, spent some nice time together, and did a really good road test of how the trailer would act under different conditions!!! all passed with flying colors...
  13. cowboy

Now that sounded like a real good ride , you gotta love it when all goes right :eek: chuck is the tounge a bit long , it look's like itin the pic
  14. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Nice going Chuck, obviously your work is right on. Can't get a better test than that!
  15. chucktx

cowboy, i dont think the tongue is too long...as the trailer pulls good. from what i have read, a longer tongue is better than a short one. the bike and trailer ride better because of it. turns are no problem, as long as you remember itis back there.....a curb or pipe guard could mess ya up a bit!!:eek: :eek:
  16. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Chucktx...I would say based on your current avitar, a long tongue would definately be better than a short one. Ya know, considering the extra weight and all. :devil: :D
  17. chucktx

you bad ringo.......very bad!!!!!!! lol lol but, that's what i like about you!!!!!!!!:roflmao: :roflmao:
  18. cowboy

chucktx , as long as it pull's good , I have never had a bike trailer , but retired from truck driving & the longer the better , & for sure a curb will ruin your day , but your trailer look's real good & look's better then some of those high dollars one's I 've seen with the shorter tounge
    :cool:
  19. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

One of these days I'll have to get a trailer. It seems like that is the only way I'm going to be able to take the girlfriend on a long trip, specially with all her "extras". I'll need a generator for that 100 megawatt hair dryer of hers.

Chuck, you got a nice idea to keep the costs down and it looks great. I like it. You can also haul stuff for your buddies that don't have baggers.

100lbs of walnut shells:confused: Where'd you get that? Most people would have used something normal like bricks or somethin.:D

I hope you didn't have any walnut shell load shift while you where on those slick roads.

t
  20. chucktx

:roflmao: hehehehe......tom, the shells were in a bag. they use a mixture of them and pecan shells in drilling mud. it is pumped down the hole to cool the bits..and also makes a good "smoke" for bbq, just soak in some water for a bit then add to the fire, mmmmmm..and no, they didnt shift....everything in the trailer was where is was before the trip.....another plus for the trailer....it doesnt bounce with the short spring leaf removed, altho my avatar makes up for it!!!!! :D :roflmao: