1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Biker Chick Adventures

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I've been doing a ton of writing. I've done quite a bit on the book. I found a place that pays me much better than Examiner, but it isn't as fun. I got fired from the coffee shop. Not sure why. In fact, the 23 year old manager couldn't even do it. I had to fire myself.:roflmao: Trust me, this does not break my heart. Classes have started again, and mediation for the accident is about a month away.:D

And the really cool part? My new project:

Biker Chick Adventures: 50 First Dates

I need volunteers, so if you know any single bikers within a couple hundred miles of Denver, fix me up - OK?
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good reading Abby, really enjoyed the Joe1 and Joe2 reading stuff. But, its good to know that there is a chance for us spelling challenged guys but then a good spell checker is a real help. Keep up the great Articles. By the way there are several single guys in our chapter, but yea a bit far to ride for a date. But then the scenic route would be the best way. :)
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great writings abby!!!!! i would love to be a part of your project, but, i just dont quite meet the criteria,,,,,,,married........lol lol and besides, you and her have already spoken to each other. i do have a female friend that rides her own bike, and we have ridden together often and we have had great times. sometimes my o'lady would rather sew than ride, especially when it is cold..........good luck with your blog, and i hope you meet mr.right!!!!!!!!
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby good luck in your adventures I'll keep up on it both here & Facebook ,I messed by a few hunderd miles & married(37 years this friday)
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I think it will be fun. At least I'll get out and meet other people.

I had a nasty comment from someone last night. Seriously, ruin lives on one date? :rolleyes: The guy needs to get a grip if I could ruin his life in one day.:roflmao:
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I think this is going to be interesting reading

Really hearing what a gal thinks about the guys, what the guys think about themselves or project about themselves through a womans eyes, first impressions etc.

Have fun..

50 dates huh, you are putting yourself out there...

Whatcha gonna do in number 27 turns out to be the "one"

Wait that might be even more interesting.....
    LOL
  7. FLHTbiker

That was my thoughts to about the womens point of view, interesting reading Abbey.
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

That's why I think guys would like it. Let them know what chicks dig. At least what I'm thinking anyway.

Number 2 and I are getting along great. I broke the news to him yesterday, and he was really cool about it. I'm being really open here. I get too deeply involved, too quickly. The whole point is that by doing this, that can't happen. It gives us plenty of time to get to know each other, and I'm totally up front that I'll be going out with other guys. There's no BS. He and his friend thought it was really cool.

I can date the same guy more than once, but it doesn't count towards the total. If I'm getting along with someone and he demands I end my project, then he's probably not "The One".

What's funny is that my new shrink (anonymous comment poster that thinks I'm totally screwed up - the ex or his mother maybe???) is telling me that I should be owning up to my issues and working on myself. I say right in there that the experience will help me learn about myself and maybe even help others. Duh.
  9. FLHTbiker

Maybe he feels left out and was wanting a date....NOT, sounds like he needs to get a life. But you owe it to yourself first and you should be the one who decides when the decision is right for you. I think your doing the right thing. Wished I would have been more cautious when I married the first wife, that was living hell, oh well its over and now married to a great lady. :)
  10. chucktx

ruin his life?????not a chance........break his heart??? guaranteed!!!!!!!!:)
  11. hotroadking

No Sex????

Well it sure sounds like a lot of my dates... LOL
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Great series’ Abby, I’ll read with lots of interest. I have a single friend. I’ll talk to him and see what he thinks.
    Probably didn’t tell you but Judy and I met on the internet 10 years ago, we will have our 9th anniversary on the 24th of March. 50 eh, You’re going to be busy. Good Luck.
  13. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Abby, great to hear that the book is moving along.

As to your "50 First Dates" project, this sounds like one of those things that is a great concept, but can really become crap in the execution. I hope it ends up more like a situational comedy than Lifetime Movie Network "Man Hating Movie of the Week" material.

The one thing that I know you have right is that you are more likely to find your real partner when you're not looking for him/her. At least that is how it worked for me over 24 years ago.:D

:cheers:
  14. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

So true Red Rider - Had the same thing happen to me 40 years ago and she still puts up with me.:roflmao:
  15. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

It is so totally NOT going to be a man-hating/bashing thing. I refuse to trash anyone. I want it to be fun and not at anyone's expense. More about things to do on a date and things that are fun, interesting, memorable, mishaps (by nobody's fault, like running out of of gas), how to meet people, great rides, etc. I really, really, really have no intention of making anyone feel bad.

I have girlfriends who come out of bad relationships and swear they'll never date again, or they'll date again, but everyone's an a$$. Despite all the trouble I've had, I've never felt that way. I know there are a lot of great guys out there. It's finding single ones at my age that can get tricky.

As far as finding someone when you aren't looking, I know it sounds crazy, but doing this is like I'm not looking. If I'm looking and go out with a guy, I might be tempted to make more out of it than I should. In this case, I have to move on to the next guy. I can't focus too much on anybody.

That being said, I've seen the second guy three times since Friday. :banghead: :roflmao:
  16. FLHTbiker

Hmmmm, things are getting serious it sounds like. :D:D
  17. hotroadking

Guess it's gonna be 50 dates
    two guys LOL

Curious, how are you finding your "50 dates"

will you screen them before the date or
    just take what shows up to see what you get.

If you screen them (which you should for criminal backgrounds, married, schizophrenia,etc) does it reflect your choices in men more than it reflects the way men act on dates...

Lots of interesting things could come from it...
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  18. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'd be very uncomfortable if someone screened me before going out. I'm not planning on marrying these guys, just going for a ride or a cup of coffee or something.

Meeting on dating sites, friends of friends, Facebook, whatever. Typical stuff and meeting in safe places like you would normally. I'm trying not to be overly-critical. It's about meeting friends and potential riding buddies as much as anything. I had all kinds of plans when I first moved here, and then I got run over. Remember that? My social agenda went in the toilet. I need to dig myself out of this "I'm fine by myself" mentality and meet people.

Speaking of getting run over, we have mediation at the end of April. Hopefully it will be settled at that point.
  19. hotroadking

Good luck on the mediation.

Shouldn't be hard to find 50 guys that will want to ride around with you!
  20. chucktx

im lovin your writings!!!!!!!! very funny, and my truck is pretty clean also!!!!!