1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bikers are better off Dead

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 14, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

whoever submitted that has NO clue on life......
  3. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Probably the same unhappy American that hates Harleys. The world is full of a$$wipes, whoever posted this vid is just one in a line of many we have to deal with on a daily basis. Sad that some people are are so unhappy with their life, the only thrill they have is trying to make other as miserable as they are.:cool:
  4. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

All I can say is it will eventually come to haunt them. I believe in Karma and it will go full circle and well we all know what that will mean for those people...:)
  5. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

"Help support a socially progressive environment, free of offenses or disruptions to the collective emotional consciousness."

Now that is some weird satire.

They would be better off killing all the deer before worrying about bikers.
    I hate deer except on my plate. Try growing food in deer country, you have to set up Level 5 containment zones. And the way they commit suicide on our roads is horrible.

I hope I offended some collective emotional consciousness.
  6. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

Did a search,
    The Delaware Curmudgeon
    look in the comments under the video, this satire was not easily digestible.
  7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I was lost for words myself. I couldn't believe what I had just watched. :rant:
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Like Cardboard a lose for words and pretty scarey.:mad:
  9. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Yeah read the comments. Also went to the myspace site and found only one video and this one was gone. What distrubed me the most is this useless POS is supposed to be right here in my home state. I only hope his 29 year old dumb a$$ isn't from here and is only here going to college. He was smart enough not to post actual photos of himself though.

That video ticked me off for more than the biker side of it. I am a very non-violet kind of person normally and I would like to give this schmuck some wall to wall counsling.

Well just caught this account online on myspace and emailed an inquiry. Lets see what he/they have to say and I will update then.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  10. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

----------------- Original Message -----------------
    Date: Apr 15, 2008 5:04 AM

Had your biker video on youtube shot my way. Doing research into this I found Shirley Vandever defending your satire at another location. I would simply like to clear this up and find the real meaning behind this video. As you are being drug through the coals at yet another site. I prefer to know my target before casting stones. I would hate to hold hostile feelings toward someone for a simple misunderstanding.

Date: Apr 15, 2008 9:04 AM

Steve,
    Thanks for checking in.
    I set the video to private because most of the people who are seeing it are misunderstanding it. So you may not be able to view it now...
    TEARTS is a fictional organization that represents all those people that superficially pass judgment on something they can't identify with or understand. People that not only disapprove, but cheerfully wish hurt and harm on anyone who insults or challenges them. It's critical of the idea that to make someone uncomfortable is a kind of crime.
    My concern is with a culture that's moving toward a "wish you were dead" mentality towards anyone that says or does something unpopular. The biker could really have been anyone society considers rebellious.

Date: Apr 15, 2008 6:25 AM

Thank you for your time and response. I will (with your permission of course) post your reply to my inquiry on the board to try to reduce hostile feelings and set the record straight. Maybe a caption at the end to provide this insight would stop some of the bashing you are receiving LOL. Not everyone is quick witted enough to understand your satire. This is a semi-understandable defensive reaction from those already persecuted by a stereotype.
    Again thanks for clearing this up and setting us quick temperd straight.

FINAL REPLY
    Sure, post this if you like.
    I may just pull the video down since it's causing more outrage and confusion than understanding. But again, thanks for writing.
  11. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Tearts Definition Sounds Alot Like The Same One From The Past They Use For The Kkk And All The Other Racist Organizations. Isn't Charlie Doing Life For Sayin I Wish You Where Dead, In My Head? So Technically If Someone Acually Went Out And Killed Some Bikers They Could Catch The Charge For Conspiricy To Comit Murder. Guess I'm A Little Slow Because I Didn't See The Video Any Where. Only Could Coment On What I Read In The Posts.
  12. GirlGeek

GirlGeek New Member

I am Shirley, aka GirlGeek. As a matter of reference, me and the old man Chainsaw are bikers (http://www.soeastbiker.com), we proudly fly the Confederate flag, and the old man looks pretty close to the biker in this clip.

When this video came over another list, we were understandably upset. Then I noticed the tags of "parody" and "satire" (when it was on MySpace). I watched it again, and eventually "got" what the author was saying. I posted it on my blog (The Delaware Curmudgeon) and got a visceral response. Once I found that it moved to YouTube (if it is even still there), I decided not to repost it. Just too disturbing to people.

I don't purport to defend the maker of this video, just to say I understand what he/she is trying to say. It was just a little obtuse, and not immediately clear which of course would cause people to be outraged. I wish that at the end he had shown the biker's family mourning his loss...that would have made the circle of discrimination complete.

Satire at its best is supposed to be biting, perhaps controversial, and make you think. The video asks the question, "Do we just get rid of those who are different from us?" The message here was probably not made quite clear enough, making some thinking that the author advocated killing bikers. That was the main fault I found with it.
  13. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Hey welcome to BT Shirley (GirlGeek). Thanks for coming by and saying hey and filling us in with more information.

Might you and your Ol' Man be in WV? Nevermind see Delaware there now
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  14. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

now how did she even know we where discussing the video:confused: wish i knew where to see it.
  15. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I never got to see it, but it sounds like a misguided joke gone wrong. Maybe Don Imus should give it a try :p
  16. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Might have had a little to do with my conversation with the host of the video on Myspace LOL. Also if she was monitoring her own blog then she seen all the traffic coming from this site and the other link and came to see who we were.
  17. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I guess I need to check in here more often.....Cant view it now...Private
  18. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yes you do!!!! we miss your posts!!!!!!!!!!:)
  19. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Thanks....I go in spurts...Dont like to get tied to the computer too much...Probably wouldnt be on here at all today if it wasnt raining out....you get the idea.
  20. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Good to hear from ya Dutch, was wondering where you've been.