1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bikers attack driver and family

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 30, 2013.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

This was posted on the Ruger Forum and as a biker I find it disturbing that they would act like this. Kind of stupid that they also Video taped it. I feel for the family as they were probably very scared. Big question is where were the police, having donuts. This is what gives all of us a very bad name.

Also here is a write up of it by ABC

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-show...-pull-driver-car-beat%2Fstory%3Fid%3D20419705
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

I know exactly where that is and I bet Fat Boy128 knows it too...Good for him...I have absolutely no sympathy for any damage or any injury they received and would have also stood on the brakes when they were riding his ass...That will teach them from following so close and take out some biker trash at the same time...Cops are pretty quick to respond out there as a precinct is close by... Yeah...Pretty stupid to record it and post it...That really pisses me off...I never want to be put in that position because I know that I will do something that I will regret...That is just how I am...
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Yep I have seen these a- holes a few times while passing through the Big Apple. They harass the crap out of cages just looking for a fight. Best thing that cage could have done is get on the cellphone and call 911 as soon as they pull that crap. If it were me with my wife and kid there would have been dozens if those b__tards on the pavement.
  4. Fatboy128

The video doesn't show it all nor do people who haven't witnessed these trouble makers have a clue what they do once they single out a cage. Especially if your non- white these people in the car had justifiable fear. They weren't armed for protection. Like I said, they should have called 911 and slowed to a stop. 2 wrongs don't make a right. BUT their fear was justifiable because these bikers are muggers.
    FLHTbiker likes this.
  5. FLHTbiker

I agree with both of your posts. Even the 1% clubs have more respect than that.
  6. Fatboy128

Well witnesses have come forward
    And the cage did call 911. I stand by my opinion I would have put a lot more of those outlaws onto the pavement. They started it and based on the hell they raised last year ( this is a yearly riot) the driver had every reason to fear for his and families lives. The cops are going after the bikers to arrest them.
  7. FLHTbiker

I would have been on the phone with 911 and stayed on the open freeway for as long as possible. And yes I would have rammed them as they tried to slow me down. Those punks need to go down. If he would have had a gun and shot any of them in NYC he would have been arrested. He should also sue NY for not allowing a concealed gun carry.
    Here in my state The would have been shot as they tried to break the window.
  8. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

It's a set up that was going on here a few years back. The group of sport bikes crowds around a car, often picking out Asian drivers or elderly who look like they have money. The idea is to draw a bump or nudge from the car, then surround them and either rob the driver when they get out or beat them up for kicks. Really disgusting watching that. One of these days they are going to pick someone with a gun and then everyone will be crying about poor innocent young men taken down by gun violence. :rage:
  9. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

A bike always loses to a cage. Too bad he didn't take a bunch of them out with the SUV. But he had his family to think about. I don't believe the cops will get very many of them . . . and I hate their motorcycles, too, BTW.
  10. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd side with an SUV driver, but never thought I'd give up sportbikes for a Harley either...
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I was surprised when they trapped him
    that he didn't put it in Reverse and get a bunch of
    them out from behind him.

I"m not sure this was one of the "attack" gangs
    as much as a bunch of people on bikes on a weekend
    who knows...
  12. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Got this from a friend.

CNN is reporting:

One biker who was struck by the SUV, 28-year-old Christopher Cruz, was arrested and faces several charges, including reckless endangerment, reckless driving and endangering the welfare of a child

Police say this same group of bikers descended on New York City and clogged up Times Square last year in what Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said is a "major stunt event."

Authorities say they were able to prevent the group from entering Times Square this year. Police arrested 15 bikers in total Sunday, seized 55 bikes and wrote 68 summons for various violations.

They are looking at video footage to try to determine if any other charges will be filed in the road rage incident.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  13. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

14. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

they all need to do time........
  15. hotroadking

16. cardboard

Where was the Police at ?
  17. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I noticed that, watched over six minutes of driving in a city and saw not one police vehicle. WTF? If I rode like that here for 2 minutes by myself and I'd be swarmed by RCMP!
  18. hotroadking

NY you can't defend yourself, not allowed to have a gun, stupid
    this is the perfect example, so since the guy can't defend his family he
    has to try and escape, regardless of the reason, right or wrong, now he's the hunted by many people hell bent on doing harm, again right or wrong
    doesn't matter.

His family is in harms way, his kid, wife, no way I'd live in NY
    and if I had to I'd carry anyway...
  19. cardboard

20. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Some of these bikes aren't street legal and I saw some 4 wheel ATVs too WTF!

I have to lane split every day going to and from work. If I don't it takes 1 and a half hours to get home. Since this came out I have been trying to give a short wave to everyone who moves over to let me by. A lot of people here do that for you but I have to make sure they know I appreciate it and am not associated to those A__holes in the news cause this video is everywhere right now.