1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Biker's New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good article, a couple things I might add is one check the belt for wear and tension, adjust if necessary. Another thing and that is for many riders who put their bike up for the winter is take a rider refresher course in the spring.
  3. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

You get me 40's and up for riding a I promise to at least check the gas gage before leaving!!!
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby also have those who set it up for the winter add sta-bul to the gas & run it a bit to get in the carb/efi it keeps it from drying out & saves a lot of money in the end
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good point Cowboy I know of a guy who was changing out his gas tank and seat on a standard Valkyrie. They have 6 carbs on them. Well he left it sit to long and did he ever have problems. The gas in the carbs turned to sludge and he had to take it into a shop where they pulled the carbs to clean them out. The bike still to this day does not run the same.
  6. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Yup- forgot my lawnmower 1 year pulled the cord in the spring and nothing. Opened it up and looked like someone clear coated my whole carb with shellac
    :banghead::banghead:
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep I keep it in any gas engine here thats sets for more then a month I have 3 riding tractors to mow the grass & one push for the tight spots , all have it in the gas even my chain saw
  8. firstlady

firstlady New Member

thank you for tip did not no what to do to Mayors bike for the winter.will try to sell in spring but it must leave the town i live in.i dont wont to see it go by all the time live in small town