1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bikes In

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Nov 8, 2006.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well, received a call from the Harley shop today and my new 07 SE Ultra is in. :) We went down and looked at it today and that black with the Orange looks pretty nice. The bike is in PDI now and they have to wait for the only guy in the shop who is authorized to install the Lowjack system on the bike to get back off vacation. I really think HD should make the 103 motor their stock motor and use the 110 like the SE bike has in it as the motor to work up towards.
    I understand this bike is 105 HP with 115 lbs torque. :D With pipes and the download for stage one I wonder what that will bring it up to.
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

good stuff Marc..the SE Ultra is a nice looking bike with a relatively decent motor right out of the box..they're just crazy expensive here..I sure like that 110 though..some day maybe..but not now.
  3. FLHTbiker

Expensive is right Sleepy. I added up what it would cost to do a 110 motor and the rest of the accessories and to add them on later would be even more expensive.
    I have secured a camping spot in Spearfish at the MT. View Campground. Its expensive, but hey its Sturgis week, $30.00 a night per person. However in comparison to a motel its cheap. One couple that was going to go with us he got really upset last night when he found out the price and told me he would not pay the price as it was to high so we will have one less couple with us. Rather have a good time than listen to complaining all the time.
  4. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Yikes

I can see why you can’t afford a hotel …………… cause you just spent
    THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS !!! :eek:

I hate you.
    Not really … just kidding.
    No. I do … I hate you .
    Just kidding
    :D :D
    401K?? what’s that?:p
  5. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Yer a funny guy Tom......:D :p
  6. Tomflhrci98

I'm just Jealous.

Can you tell:D
  7. FLHTbiker

Don't be jealous as it took me many years to get to this point in my life where I could afford one. 13 years ago I was virtually penniless after a bitter divorce that I still get angry about. I was virtually one step away from living on the street but fought back. When I got my very first touring bike in 1994 my current wife (the best a guy could ever have) said lets do it a 1983 1100 Goldwing. However, my ex wife took me back to court wanting to know where the money came from as she thought I was not telling them how much I made at my sh1t hole job with a Japanese company $8.95 an hour. Working for the japs was as bas as being married to my first wife. Now, I own my own business and am successful at it. When my child support ended in 1999 my wife said buy that Harley you deserve it. That was a 99 Road King. I had a Royal Star then as it was then the most expensive bike I could afford. We sold it and bought a Harley. Have never felt bad for buying a Harley and have really enjoyed them. Well, its 2007 now and never in my life did I ever dream I could afford to pay cash for a bike like this 07 SE Ultra. I actually feel guilty for spending the money due to so many years of never having any and living on the verge of bankruptcy. So don't feel jealous I worked hard to get here.
    I also make it a point and go out of my way to make sure the ex-wife knows how well I'm doing now. :D She once told my brother that she would make sure I was homeless.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  8. Tomflhrci98

Now I’m jealous of you having a great wife like that.

Way to go man. I’ve been up and down a few times too in my life. The last few years I was up but I think I am going back down this year and funny thing is I am trying to get away from the Japanese company I work for right now.

I’ve been looking around at owning a business for myself, but, I am trying to find something that I can develop a real passion for. It seams like everyone and his brother own chopper shops so that’s out for me. What do you do? Wanna franchise it in So. Cal.?

I was up in Seattle this past Monday and I thought I was going drown. I’d hate to think you have that great bike sitting in the garage the last few weeks with all that rain you guys been getting.
  9. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

Congrats On The New 07 Se Ultra, You Will Like The 110 I Bought A 07 Road King Se, I Left For Myrtle Beach Fall Rally With Less Than 400 Miles On It, Had About 1200 On It When I Got Back Home, Its Sweet. I Knew About The 115 On The Torque But Thats The First I've Heard About The 105hp. Enjoy It

Live Easy, Ride Hard
  10. FLHTbiker

Tom, I own a home inspection business. Bought a franchise 6 years ago and its been great. You really don't have to know anything about it to start but in my case I had prior knowledge working in Real Estate and some building maintenance back ground. Never thought I could do a Commercial building inspection and was scared stiff at all the big equipment but was not hard. Houses are easy now that I have done several thousand of them. A average home here gets 300-350 per inspection. Takes a couple of hours to do the inspection and a couple hours to write the report. Commercial inspection, spend a day at a big motel and a day writing the report and collect 1800 to 3000 for the inspection fee. I wished I had done this years ago and maybe my first wife would have kept me, oh god never mind a cold chill just went down my back.

The rain here in the Portland area has been pretty severe and I have left the new Harley at the shop waiting for the rains to stop. Were expecting 70 mile an hour winds Sunday night Monday morning with heavy rains again. Feel for the people who have been losing there homes, some washed away with rivers just taking them down stream.
    Looking forward to Spring and summer for sure.
  11. Tomflhrci98

FL,
    I thought about doing home inspections about 6 months ago. Then the housing market went into a slump and I heard some negative things like there are too many home inspectors around. It is also funny that you don’t need a license in California to be a home inspector. That seemed weird to me.

There are courses you can take for this field and I was going to do it part time while I still had a job. Maybe you motivated me to look into it again.

Thanks and I hope you dry out soon,
    T
  12. FLHTbiker

Tom, the housing market is up and down all the time. Many home inspectors started out part time working their way up to full time. Lots of good schools around like the ITA school.
    We won't be drying out anytime soon. This weekend has been very wet again with a big storm approaching that will dump another 1" or more tonight but its the high winds that are coming in with it that worry me.
    Keep in touch if this web site goes down.