1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bill IN NE

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Feb 5, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

YOu know its going other places.
    The folks introducing this bill needs to be voted out of office and told why.

All NH/New England riders, if you haven't heard:
    HB1442* - Motorcycle noise
    emission regulation. *

Hearing is scheduled for 2/7/2012 @
    10:00 in Representatives Hall, Concord, NH

I am planning on going, please consider it if you are able...

AN ACT relative to motorcycle noise emission regulation.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:
    1 New Paragraph; Motorcycle Noise Levels; Applicability. Amend RSA 266:59-a by inserting after paragraph III the following new paragraph:
    IV. The provisions of this section shall apply only to motorcycles manufactured before January 1, 2013.
    2 New Section; Motorcycle Sound Emissions Regulation. Amend RSA 266 by inserting after section 59-a the following new section:
    266:59-aa Motorcycle Sound Emissions Regulation.
    I. No person shall operate or use a highway motorcycle registered in the state of New Hampshire and manufactured on or after January 1, 2013 unless the motorcycle is equipped with a factory installed exhaust system, or equivalent, that bears the required applicable federal Environmental Protection Agency exhaust system labels pursuant to 40 C.F.R. part 205, subparts D and E. The exhaust system shall not produce a sound level in excess of 82 decibels on the A scale when measured in accordance with federal testing procedures.
    II. No person shall tamper with, remove, or render inoperative any part or component of the exhaust system or its component parts which cause the motorcycle to exceed 80 decibels on the A scale.
    III. No person shall pass for the purposes of the inspection required by RSA 266:1 any motorcycle manufactured on or after the January 1, 2013, which does not comply with paragraph I and which exceeds a measured noise level of 82 decibels on the A scale using the federal testing procedure.
    IV. Any person who violates the provisions of paragraph I or II shall be guilty of a violation and shall be fined not less than $350 for a first offense and $500 for any subsequent offence.
    V. This section applies to a person operating a motorcycle that is newly manufactured on or after January 1, 2013, or a motorcycle with aftermarket exhaust system equipment that is newly manufactured on or after January 1, 2013. This section shall not apply to competition motorcycles.
    4 Effective Date. This act shall take effect January 1, 2013.

Crankshaft New Member

Yes, PLEASE contact your senators/representatives and any other legislative authority and remind them why they are there...
    To vote OUR Voice!!!
    Join the MRO of your choice,
    Dennis
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

most states already have these laws on the books,
    here in fl you can't change them unless to manuf or similar
    model with same level of db.

nobody does and unless you are stupid
    riding around with porker straight drags
    and letting them brapppppappatpapapapap as loud
    as you can to be "cool" you get left alone..

Here's fl

Muffler: No person shall modify the exhaust system in such a manner that the noise emitted is above that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured. No person shall operate a vehicle with an exhaust system so modified.
    Decibels/Maximum Sound: Maximum allowable A-weighted sound levels based on measurements taken at a distance of 50 feet from center line of travel (Sec. 316.293): 1) Manufactured before 1/1/79--82dBA (35mph or less); 86dBA (over 35mph) 2)Manufactured after 1/1/79--78dBA(35mph or less); 82dBA(over 35mph).

Just don't go to NH or ride loud...
  4. cardboard

Its time to STOP all of this NOw.
    If the law was written the citizens can have it changed. Just cause the Politicians wrote it don't mean its in stone and can't be changed.
    And in states where its not written, you need to git up and speak

Went to the Tax office today to renew the tag on my 4x4. Haven't had the money in Months.
    The 1st thing out of the ladies mouth. Have you had any ticket. No Why have you.
    WEll you are trying to renew a tag for a truck.
    Lady I'm retired. Do you think just cause the State sends me a notise in the mail I have the money to just jump up and go out and get the tag renewed.
    Have you drove the truck. How the heck can I drive the truck with no tag on it.
    The police will stop me and give me a ticket.
    Where did you go to school at.
    Do you bust the chops on all the senior citizens that comes in her.

The Cities, states, and federal goverment does nothin but make new laws so they will have more ways to collect more money so they can continue to overspend.
    Its time for it to STOP now.
    And word has already been said. Obama is gonna get 4 more years.:gah:
  5. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

I hope that word is wrong, all the citizens of this country who work hard everyday at a legitimate job, and those retired from the same, need to get out and vote Oooobama out of office, even though the media is doing their best at finding dirt on the candidates that may have made a difference. Anyone would be better than what we got to help show politicians we won't stand for the crap they keep putting out! and they can be replaced :mad:
  6. cardboard

They are saying Obama knows the economy better than Romney, and obama already has more money for running And Obama already has over 51% of the people already saying they will vote for him again.
    Where these people are I guess Is in CAlifornia.
    Got no clue.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Cardboard those people are all this country & in the past 6 mos or so
    Obama has jumped into action lapel flag pin & all , then the news says he's made 6456490 jobs all of a sudden what did they all get a job in one day :(
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Most that we're on unemployment stopped drawing unemployment for reasons like, they can't get any more extensions or gave up. This was reported on Fox news today. It made the employment records look better. :rolleyes:

OB is a first class jerk
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Dang nab it FL don't go putting out facts...
  10. cardboard

They quit lookin.
  11. walker123

walker123 New Member

With all our real problems..... & they want to spend time messing with an issue like this....god help us.