1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Black Beans and Rice in Memphis

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Dec 29, 2006.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Hey Killer-B those black beans and rice at the Rum Boogie Cafe on Beale Street are still the best I have had in my life. Bit far for a Saturday trip though this time of year.
    Next spring/summer I am gonna be down there at least twice just on a whim for those I just know it!!:cool:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the dry ribs aint to bad either!!!!!.....the eye candy is everywhere.....
  3. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

oh yeah..

Ribs and Eye Candy....don't forget the gumbo...:D
  4. chucktx

didnt get any gumbo....couldnt hardly get up after the ribs!!!:)
  5. Pixs

Pixs New Member

Oh crap!

Went for a put to Boston last Oct. and all I got to see in Memphis was Graceland, big deal, I wish I knew about the BB & R.
  6. chucktx

ya got to get to down town memphis....on beal street. the couple of days we were there it was blocked off to cars, only bikes were allowed to park there....and bb king was at his club and big filmcrews were filming. supposed to be for his new video. we sat in the parks drinking beer, eating, and listening to some of the best blues bands around....all music was free....a great time
    chuck
  7. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    The Rum Boogie

Haven't been to the R B in years. Glad to hear the foods still good. Course if ya want ribs downtown ya need to head on over to the Rendevous, in an alley between 2nd and 3rd streets real near the Peabody Hotel.....best dry ribs in the Universe. Is Don McMinn still the house band at the Boogie? Oh and if it's still there the best sweet potato pie in the world is from this little cafe on South Main across from the train station....seems the name of the place is the Arcade but it's been a while......
    Ride Free...........
  8. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

yeah

We saw Rendevous....had alot of people around the area tell us to go there bu....but never made over there. We stayed acrosss the street from the Pea-body ..that place was nice. Alot of history in there.
    The Pyramid had the Art of motorcycle display down there. Rum Boogie had the beans and rice and ribs..the gumbo was from up the street.
    I think Wednesday is bike night down there and they let you park right on the BEALE Street. Walking around with a cold beer and listening to the blues was great... I did go to Graceland as well.and all the other sites for Elvis. Pretty neat, back in the day the place was really happening. Mad had alot of Awards..but they sure exploit the heck out of him for a buck though.If ya can ya can I guess.
  9. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

I apologize about my delinquency, I’ll get back at ya VD.
  10. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Voodoo, haven’t we already exchanged #’s before? I cant really recall or not, I’m getting old I guess. Just give me a call when your ready to come out. My little piece of paradise has become a bit more crowded as I have become a grandfather a few months ago and I have a couple new additions to the household…Private message me when your ready…