1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 19, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine let me borrow one of his Sena SMH 10 bluetooth headsets.
    Got it on my Shoei Qwest. My iphone has music and it sounds good coming out of it.
    With siri I can tell her to call somebody in my phone book and she does.
    Tripp city.
    The sound is pretty dang good.
    Now I can hear the directions from my Zumo 550.
  2. cardboard

Got the Sena Headset in my Shoei Qwest. Have about 230 songs on my Iphone. Man does it sound good.
    We took my buddy's SG with no rear speakers or CB Plugs. We got some stereo RCA plugs wand wire at Radio shack and ran one set of wires from one speaker to a Y connector and ran another set to the other speaker into the Y connector and ran the wires to the rear of the SG. We put his Tourpac on and ran he wires into the tourpac.
    Hooked up a 12 V cigarette lighter in the tourpac.
    We got a cigarette lighter plug the is volt output for the Clear sound Bluetooth adapter.
    We put the clear sound bluetooth adapter in the tourpac and got it in the cigarette lighter adapter that is 5 volt so it will keep the Clear Sound bluetooth adapter charged.
    We hooked it up and turned it on.
    Got a CD with MP's in the Harmon Kardon RAdio

Man it comes out both speakers in the Sena Sch 10 headset and sounds awsum

For his wifes trike and my bike we got the Harley/ Goldwing 7 pin to Rca plug so we can plug them into the rear headset adapter. We got it from Spoiled Biker.net
    Now we can put the clear sound in out tourpacs and hook it up the same way to the cigarette lighter plug in the tourpac the same way.
    We can listen to music and if the phone rings we can answer it if we need to.
    Plus hear directions from the Garmin Zumo
    With Siri on my Iphone I can tell her to call my buddy and I can talk to him on his Iphone while were riding down the street.
    This has worked out better than we ever thought.

Stereo headset in your helmet. Awsum is all I can say.
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I have the same type but Scala and the sound quality of music sucks. Does the Sena SMH 10 REALLY have a good sound??? Not tinny???
  4. cardboard

The Sena has bigger speakers than Scala rider. And the sena has several buttons to push.
    With the Sena Smh 10 you turn it on. you use a knob to turn up and down the volume. You got one button on back to answer yer phone.
    Part of it might be the helmet also.
    I have a Shoei Qwest. It has a place made for speakers in the ear pockets.
    My buddy has a 250 watt J&M amp with two 7 1/4 speakers. If you turn the sound up on the handle bars and the headset you can't hear the sound coming out the bike speakers.
    Eastern performance has a sale going on them right not.
    If i Had yer email address I'd send you a link. YOu can git a pair of them for 250.oo right now.
  5. cardboard

SENA Motorcycle Bluetooth Multiset & Intercom Multiset

Click on this link, and when you add it to your cart it will show you a better price. You have to do it on Eastern performance web site for the price.

They are having a Holiday sale
  6. steveb

steveb Active Member

I have the Scala also andtook it out of my helmet due to the crappy sound quality.
  7. cardboard

Did you have the Scala G4 or what.
  8. steveb

steveb Active Member

It is a Scala Rider Team Set bought it 3 years ago out at Sturgis so the wife and I could talk while riding and we could each listen to different music. She likes country and I like hard rock but the sound is crap so we try to find a middle of the road station on the radio .
  9. cardboard

Ya don't by any chance have a Iphone do ya.
    If you load about 250 songs on the Iphone, it bluetooths real good and the Mp3's sound super good on the headset. Then you could both have your own music.
    It has a plug so you can hook up a Ipod. I perfer my Iphone.

Gonna have a hookup to listen to the radio and or Cd.

If you have a Zumo 665 it has XM radio, you can listen to it on the sena.
    I can tell Siri on my Iphone to call my wife or anybody and talk to them.
  10. steveb

steveb Active Member

Neither one of us has an Iphone. We both have mp3 players that we hooked up to the Scala rider system. The one thing that was good about it when I used the headset with my phone people would be surprised to find out that I was riding the bike down the highway and talking to them,. The microphone was a good noise canceling set up so the caller did not hear any wind noise.
  11. cardboard

If you don't have a Iphone I have no way to explain it to you.
    My wife fought me that she did not want one. She is on her 2nd one now.
    She has totally flipped over it. It has incorporated a lot of things in her life.
    It is her alarm clock. timer. Note pad. She can go for a walk in the woods, it will show her the track she took, how far she went and how long she walked from a app she downloaded for free.
    It has a map for her, a camera. Store many photo's about 300
    Has the weather, Music, reminder, calender,calculator, google.
    Flashlight. compass, has over contacts, name address, phone number email address.
    Everything backs up to the computer in Itunes or Icloud
    The list is endless.
    If you git a signal you can git Xm radio on it too.
    If you have xm radio in yer car you can pay 1.00 more and have it on your phone.
    I'd rather have it on the zumo 665
  12. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Hey CB. The Scala has very poor speakers. The Bluetooth for the phone works good like the man said but the speakers suck for music. It plays music from my Droid no problem but the sound quality is awful. So, I was just asking if the speakers on your Sena SMH10 are of very good quality for music???
  13. cardboard

Here are some pictures of everything

The Harley/Goldwing adapter allows me on the Ultra as you know to plug into the headset plug just like you would a headset on the console or the passenger plug on the back of the bike.
    Choose to run it in the tourpac so it would be out of the way, and I could charge it there via the 12 volt DC plug and it will be out of the weather and me gettin on it or somebody stealing it.

I was turned on to this by a friend on another forum .
    I had a hard time understanding it. And I want to thank him for his help.
    Thank you Silly . Your the man.

But me and a buddy started ordering parts and putting it together. It works just like he said and showed hooked up to his bike.
    The sound from the Sena Smh headset is great. With the Shoie Qwest helmet it will blow you out of the helmet if you turn it up too loud.
    WE will have everything complete on 3 bikes soon.

I plug it into the headset port where the passenger would plug their headset into.

Harley / Goldwing Headset Adapter

[​IMG]

Then I get a male to female RCA adapter cord and run it from there to the tourpac.
    And in the tourpac I plug the clear sound bluetooth adapter into the cord.

https://www.clearsounds.com/product/clearsounds-qlink-bluetooth-transmitter
    This transmitter is super small. I couldn't believe it when I seen it. Its a very fragile device.
    You would have to use the plugs to pull the cords apart or you would pull the wires out of it.

[​IMG]

I can also hook it up to a Cigarette lighter with a 5 Volt male lighter plug to charge the bluetooth adapter.
  14. cardboard

Click on this link, see if it don't take you to a sales add for Eastern Performance.
    Click on the red in the top right hand corner or add the Sena SMH headset to your cart and look at the price.
    Beat this price. I really couldn't resist it. Now both the OL and me has one.
    The headset works great. Sound out of it is great.
    Guess how much noise your helmet lets in might determine how well you can hear too.
    http://www.easternperformance.com/p...rcycle-Bluetooth-Multiset-&-Intercom-Multiset
  15. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

CB have you looked at this. You got a bagged and this would maybe work better, even has blue tooth.

J&M Motorcycle Audio
  16. cardboard

Check this link out. see how many folks use what

I have a buddy that got Sena about 2 yrs ago. He makes his living with computers. He did a lot of homework on Sena.
    I will have mine here tomorrow. the speakers that go in the helmet are larger than a lot of the other ones. J&M makes some good stuff.
    Can you git two J&M headsets for 250.00, I don't think so.

Login
  17. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I don't use Bluetooth and like the fact that either my Harley or J&M headset will do the same thing plus I can communicate to all my friends while riding. Music comes across excellent, voice works great. I can see Bluetooth for those who don't have a Ultra but why would somebody with an Ultra want a Bluetooth headset, because of a stupid cord....give me a break. My J&M headset has a two piece cord and you simply unplug one half, very simple. I personally think your waisting your money but it's your money. :). Have a good day, gonna go meet up with Olbill and Maddog and go for a ride.:D
  18. cardboard

I can git off the bike, pump gas, the OL go in the quick mart with yer helmet on and still listen to the music, or while she is in the store she can call me with her headset and ask me anything.

Until you've had bluetooth you just git comtempt to what you have and make excuses to why you don't need it.
  19. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Now that sounds like a good idea. Go for ride.. I would, but it is just a little too cold for me to go out. Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice so I think that I will go out tomorrow. I just may go for a ride on Sat. early afternoon as well, and Sunday. All days are to be in the low 40's. :D Now that is what I am talking about....:D
  20. steveb

steveb Active Member

You must not have all of the sand and salt on roads that we have up here. Until it rains to wash it away up here I don't care if it gets to 80 degrees.