1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Dec 9, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Don't know if anybody has been thinkin about Bluetooth.
    Either bluetoothin their HK radio to their helmet of using The zumo or using their phone if they really, really need to take a call.
    Or don't want all the problems of upgrading their stereo on their bike.
    Budddy has a Iphone plugged in his tourpac and has a Sena SC10 headset and bluetooths it and rides and listens to MP3's and rides

But I have been lookin at a Shoei Quest Helmet for air flow and the quietness it provides for this

Borrowed this

I like using bluetooth earbuds to listen to music while I ride. I looked at sending the stereo out to have an audio output jack added but decided against it due to cost. I purchased a bluetooth dongel for abou $30 and removed the fairing to get access to the front speaker wires. I attached wires to the speaker terminals and to a female jack. I drilled an appropriate sized hole in the gloves box and put the jack there. Now when I want to listen to the stereo I plug the bluetooth dongle into the jack and pair it up with my earbuds. The downside is that the speakers are still on as well. When I get time I'll find the audio out wires at the stereo and get my audio there so I can turn the speakers off. Maybe. As usual this worked for me

New SK-BTI-002 Stereo Bluetooth Audio Dongle Adapter | eBay (New SK-BTI-002 Stereo Bluetooth Audio Dongle Adapter | eBay)