1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Boat rescue during 9-11

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jul 16, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Yep, Americans, New Yooorkers, Jerseyites all pulled together. It was the good from the terrible. I wish they still felt and acted the same now. Obooma has created hatred between Americans. Divide and conquer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this inspiring film, FLHT. May we all never, never forget.
  4. Fatboy128

Unfortunatley, by the way our fellow Americans act towards one another I'm afraid they forgot. Even at the airports there are very few thanking the soldiers.

5. FLHTbiker

They are still doing it here. I couldn't believe all the people who continue to come up to myself and Maddog and say thank you for your service.
    A Home Depot here outside of Portland is having a special Veterans ceremony on August 4th and they have asked our HOG chapter to participate.
  6. Fatboy128

Thats great Marc! When I was employed I traveled all over the country. Up until about 2007-08 soldiers in airports would be swarmed with grateful civies. Then I noticed that relatively few (if any) other than myself would approach them. Airports like Vegas, Phoenix, NY, Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago just to name a few of the ones where I traveled often. One of the reasons I joined the Patriot Guard was due to this. NYers are treating each other like shirt. On the highways everybody is angry. For the first year after 9-11 there were flags on all the vehicles, people were outgoing and friendly to everyone, courteous too. Now it's "F you" "no F you!" I really dislike this state. Can't wait until the wife says "Lets get the heck outta here".
  7. 2012FLHTK

2012FLHTK New Member

Love this stuff. I am a veteran, retired from the USAF. I was in the desert for Afganistan,and for Iraq. your waving of our flag makes me proud to know you
  8. Fatboy128

Thanks for your service Bro. 2 of my. Four sons served in Iraq 2004-5.

9. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Fatboy, come live in N.C! People here are friendly AND patriotic. Every 4th of July, we celebrate our great country and have a special ceremony for all the vets who show up. And this in dinky little ol' Hobgood. We also have the best fireworks around, putting some of the bigger towns in our area to shame.
  10. Fatboy128

NC is on the list of possibilities. Sister-in-law lives in Cornielius (Charlotte area). :)
  11. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

I agree with Josh, here people help each other ... not much anger, could be we are just small and a bit country, but it is nice to see how people treat each other. Does not mean there are not jerks, but all in all, it is polite. ;)
  12. FLHTbiker

When we were in Central Oregon in the town of John Day was the same thing. Maddog and I went up in town and right away people talked to us and were the friendliest people. Was really nice. I thing the small country towns are the best.