1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Brake discs

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by mechwarrior2141, May 16, 2007.

1. mechwarrior2141

mechwarrior2141 New Member

i find myself not slowing down as fast as i'd like. anyone know what a good size brake disc would be for my 2007 softail custom? you know......other than stock :biker:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

are you talking front or back?? when changing the size you will also need to change the caliper/s....have you tried changing the pads?? lyndel makes a great pad, better stops and no brake dust..i have them on my 06 electra glide.....
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I would stick with the stock size. For the cost of upgrading you won't feel as much difference as you'd like. Myself and many here swear by Lyndal brake pads. I prefer the Z pads since they don't require any break-in time. The gold pads are even stronger but do require some break in. These are a huge improvement over the stock pads and also don't produce the same dust all over your wheels. I just wish they made the same pads for my truck.
  4. madcatter

madcatter New Member

are these lyndal pads ceramic????
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Not sure what there made off, But they have a web site , lyndal brakes is how I found them for my 03 E Glide
    :cool: