1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Brake lever

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Jammer, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Jammer

Jammer New Member

I'm trying to take the exhaust off on my 94 Sporty and I have forward controlls. The brake lever apparently needs to come off to make room for taking the muffler bracket off and on. I've used an 3/8 allen key to turn the brake lever stud but it just spins, how does this come off?
  2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

I just figured it out, whole cover needs to come off, or at least loosened. Thanx :banghead:
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

let us know how it all goes
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

guess he is talking about the stud on the case for the front pipe, and the brake shaft from the mastercylander to the foot lever is in the way.
  5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

Yeah, thats exactly what I ran into. That stud apparently is just riveted to the case, so loosing the case gave me enough room to get the front muffler bracket off. I switched out some drag pipes in order to put stock pipes back on. Everything went well after that. Thanx