1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Brake pad's

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Mar 2, 2007.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ok I looked up lyndall brakes after seeing Chucktx's post about useing them , So I call all the decent bikes shops in the Houston & galveston area there;s a lot of them , all said they could get them $46 + shipping & about a week to get in , so I hit the web found a place in AZ had them for $40 + $4025 shipping so I ordered them on 2-27 07 & on 3-1-07 they came in the US Mail to SE TX , so I saved a couple of Bucks on the same part & two day's to get here , here's the shop I used www.hammercustomcycles.com this wes the first time I used them & I will call upon them again if & when needed
    :cheers:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool....after instalation...your brake dust should be non existant!!
  3. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Yep, after I installed my Z's, the brake dust went south! Good stuff!
  4. cowboy

That's what I'am looking for less dust this Dresser can build up some dust & it's can be tufff to get off , I just got a set for the rear for now , but next month I'am looking to do two set's for the front
  5. stevenh

stevenh New Member

Thanks for the link. I see they sell a front and rear kit for 82.00...
    Will definitely add that site to my "favorites"...
    Anybody know how many miles is typical before brake pads are needed? (stock pads)

Steve
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is going to depend on your riding habits....i have 20,000 on my front pads on my eglide..stock pads... i changed the rear out at about 15,000 or so, because of the brake dust thing, and no brake fade or problems when they are wet.... your milage may vary
  7. cowboy

I'am getting about the same as chucktx is , my 03 E glide They say at lyndell you should get about 18000 miles per rear set , on normal riding , byt who rides normel
  8. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

The Z pads have become so popular that I've seen them hanging on the back accessory rack at a local HD dealership.

BTW, you can order them direct from Lyndall as well.
  9. stevenh

stevenh New Member

Thanks guys, I'll probably make the switch before the next riding season is over... that black soot is a pain to clean off
  10. cowboy

ken , lyndell sell's there pad;s at $46 plus shipping , hammer sell's them at $40 plus shipping witch was $4.25 last week , so I saved about $5-6 bucks just by looking around for the same part':cool: