1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Broken Fuel Inlet

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Steel_Nickel, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Steel_Nickel

Steel_Nickel New Member

I found the source of my minor fuel leak at Carb. The plastic fuel inlet is cracked. Now what do I need to do? Can I purchase a new plastic port and have it just slide onto the brass OEM stub? Or am I going to need to remove the brass stub from the Carb. and replace it with a new complete brass port. It looks like a big hassle to remove the exsisting brass stub. Any Ideas? Can I just connect the fuel line to the brass port or is there more to it?

Thx
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a bit more info.....what are ya working on??
    chuck
  3. CD

CD Guest

4. Steel_Nickel

Steel_Nickel New Member

Went one step better (I hope) bought the Mikuni HSR42 from ya. One thing I am a little concerned with is the choke placement on this carb. It is on the RH side where my stock is on the LH. I have the carb installed and all hooked up but the choke cable setup seems a little odd. Really twisted around rather than a straight run as before.

I did change the spring and plunger. If I am missing something let me know ASAP as I will be putting the tanks back on tomorrrow.

Thx
  5. CD

CD Guest

Does the enrichener knob pull out and go back in as easy as before without binding?

I have not come across or heard of anyone with an enrichener problem.