1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bum Knee

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Dec 12, 2007.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have posted on some post about not riding much due to A bum knee been to the doc's & did the MIR deal so I found out I have A torn from side to side Minisus I go under the knife on Jan 17 08, Hope to back in the saddle before may so I can make the RUN TO THE WALL I will still ride some before then I don't know how long I'll be down after the Surguery :gah:
  2. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Sorry to hear that Cowboy. Hope everything goes easy for ya.
  3. Injunfxdwg

Injunfxdwg New Member

I have had the same thing. Both knees operated on twice. They did mine with a scope as the tears were small. Figure on three weeks of recoup time if they scope it. Don't push it during the recoup otherwise blood clots could develop.
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your knee. Good luck with the surgery and follow the rehab guidance religiously and you'll be back in the saddle sooner than ya think.
  5. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Good luck with the knee. Its one of the only body parts that I have that still works right…knock on wood.
  6. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

I had the same thing on my left knee... Right knee probably needs it, but I haven't had the time or money to get it looked at. Real simple 30 min surgery... Recoup time was a week if that... Hopefully it will be quick for ya so's you can get back on... Enjoy!!!:)
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

That sucks......but, you better get it taken care of before it gets worse! Good luck and don't push it!
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ditto on what every one else said.....and dont forget what ya told abby.....same holds true about your knee as for her arm!:)
  9. cowboy

Thank's to all & yes Chuck I plan on doing just as the Doc ordered , I've been wearing this blasted knee brace for a couple of months now & damn tired of it , & beside's the wife has told me I was going to do just as they say ,:eek: NO bike no driving the pick-up or van or her PT cruiser & she has the 3 kid's to back her up & my son-in-law BIG J TRG has ment him & my son is just as big :D & beside i got a few part's to add to my Bike so if I can't ride it & change parts
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

well, there ya go!!!:)
  11. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

Surgery is sometimes the best deal, and a real good choice when needed.
    A buddy was in constant pain due to squished disks, was suicidal and almost bed ridden. I told him, "have the surgery and if you still want to kill yourself after I will help you"(well, you never know for sure). He tells me he has no more pain and can do whatever he wants.

Conclusion;
    You will almost certainly be happy with getting surgery then not or putting it off.
    Good luck, see you on the road soon.
  12. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Hay Cowboy is this your first Knee Surg?They been in my Rite one 5 times over the past years they keep fixin it and I keep tearin it up :banghead: the last time was in 2001.New ACL PCL and remove all medial meniscus, I was back to work (LITE DUTY) in 30 days full in 60. I still have a problem with the medial collateral Ligament but I aint letin them fix it till I cant walk any more. Its really a pretty easy recovery.( ALTHOUGH IT WILL HURT LIKE HELL) for a few days after. Make them give you plenty of good pain meds and it should be fine.Do what the Doc and Them EVIL :devil: Physical Therapists tell ya and you will be back ridein in no time

Tiny
  13. cowboy

tiny yes this is the first knee job , it been hurting off & on for a lot of years so I'am giving in & getting it fixed I realy gave in when I did a burn out next to TRG & my bike started to get a bit side way's knee almost gave out even with the brace on so it's getting fixed , so I guess I'll just grin & bear it with the hepl of pain pills:D
  14. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Cowboy (It will feel better when it quits hurtin) :roflmao: I assume you are over 40 my friend that is 62 had a total replacement he was back ridein in 40 days after surg so its really up to you how fast you recover and just my opinion but physical therapists are EVIL:devil: BUT they will help get you going faster if you do all the stuff they tell you. P.S. when they start workin on you and it hurts really bad DON"T hit them in the mouth they REALLY dont like that it causes all kinds of bad things to happen:fight:
  15. cowboy

:roflmao: Ya i bet A smack in the kisser will up set them a little , & yes I'am over 40 by A day or two (56) I I don't care for the therapist much but I know most of them know what there doing & no pain no gain , I'll just give them some ear plug's so they wont here all the foul word's I'll be calling them:D