1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bump Key

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by hdbluse, Feb 4, 2007.

1. hdbluse

hdbluse New Member

Saw this on the news the other day, and was surprised to see it posted all over the net, (with pictures and arrows etc........). Now every curious grade school kid can hone his latent B&E skills. Might make you want to re-think the security options on where you keep your ride. S&W security won't work when your not home, (prefer colt systems myself)
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5177213949300140850
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Isn't that nice......leave it to some do*che bag to post that on the internet. Doesn't really matter to me, I have two Rottweilers in the house and if I'm not home and they break in they can have what they want, provided they live that long. I always hide my bike key anyway, and if I am home.....well, look at my post "new toys" and you'll get my point! Good luck Mr. Home invader, hope you don't plan on leaving with all of your internal organs in tact. :cool: :roflmao: Thanks for that little clip HD
  3. hdbluse

hdbluse New Member

Hey voodoochild, just curious , Jimi or Stevie Ray?
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Jimi!! Ever since that movie Under Siege, with Steven Segal, when they took over the ship and that song started playin', awesome. Of course I have been listening to Jimi for years, and always liked that song, plus my mom always called me the devils child, cause I was such a f**king menace to the world. :roflmao:
  5. Goose

Goose New Member

I got Ruger Security, among others, but you gotta be here to activate it. I've been robbed twice with no one was home. Somebody's here most all the time now days, though, since I work out of my shop and the wife stays home.
  6. Goose

Goose New Member

Texans prefer SRV.:D
  7. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

So do Zoners :biker:

That bump key thing has been around for years. There is actually a pick set that employs that system, sort of. My uncle is a lock Smith so I've prettty much seen it all.

Every thing of much importance to me is kept in my gun safe. It's 1100 pounds empty. When it's loaded, my calculation puts it over a ton. The only thing they could get would be my computers and TV.
  8. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Don't get me wrong, SRV was good, but Jimi was awesome. JMO, but I do like them both! :D That doesn't knock me out of being a "pretty cool yankee" does it??!! :eek: :roflmao: :D
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

na, your still ok for a yankee.....:D as for home protection, this is what you will find at my place in the woods...

[​IMG]
  10. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

11. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

1927 model Thompson, eh Chuck? Just picked one up @ the gunshow in Belton last weekend. Got er with the 50 drum mag as well as the stick. Heavy bugger, isn't she!
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i dont have the drum mag....and for its size it is pretty heavy....lots o' iron in it!!!!!!! lol lol fairly accurate out to 30 yds or so.....
  13. hookvnv

hookvnv New Member

home prot.

my home is guarded by a german shepard with a very bad attitude3 nights a week and a ******* with a worse attitude and a gun the other 4 ,i just let the bad guys pick wich night they wanna make a buck..lol.....hook
  14. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Chuck,
    The wife and I bought ours as an investment item and don't plan on shooting it. We don't see them at the gunshows very often, and when we do, they go quick, so we ante'd up and bought this one, brand new. Sure is a conversation starter when we have guests at the house!!
  15. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Gentlemen, it’s “Voodoo Chile” originally with Steve Winwood and Jimi, then Stevie and a couple others. If you must call it Voodoo Child be sure to add (Slight Return) as in Voodoo Child (Slight Return). Ya, I know, kinda anal. It’s one of my top ten favorites.
  16. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Oh ya, the bump key has been around a long time. I thought everyone had one... lol.
  17. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

It's one of my favorites as well. I knew it was voodoo chile, but that would sound kinda queer as my screen name dontcha think? With all do respect to Jimi, I think I'll keep it "child" even though it's not correct. Hope you don't mind! :D
  18. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Lol, that’s cool. Just jerking your chain, hope you don't mind.
  19. Goose

Goose New Member

Well, I know he didn't write it (Bob Dylan), but my favorite Hendrix was "All Along the Watchtower". My favorite SRV was anything the man wanted to play....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBIbJKjAZQ
  20. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Nope, not at all brother......we're good!! :D