1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Burly Bars 14 inch mini-apes

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Thanks, Abby! :D

After hearing Abby's review of how she enjoyed her new bars, I started saving my pennies (mainly by drinking less!) and got the 14 inch mini-apes. And though it took over a whole friggin' week to complete the job (only because the new braided cables came from Texas, and they must have been too down from the Cowboys, Longhorns and Rangers games of late), my only regret was not getting 'em sooner.

Oh, yeah, they do look great on the bike:cool: - but they really are far more comfortable than the regular bars. My friend, who also rides a Road King, says my bike now has "power steering" compared to the stock bars he has.

My first couple hundred miles on 'em was a dream. I heartily recommend this upgrade to everyone that can fit a pair on their cruiser!

:cheers:

P.S. - After pulling my old bars off, it turned out that they had significant cracks on both sides down near the center. So it was a very timely replacement - would've sucked big time if one side had broken through while heading down the highway!
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very cool!!!!!!!!! but ya should be expecting this..........:worthless:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I put mini apes 1 1/4 bars on my Springer and love em. Did you wire it internally.
  4. Red Rider

Internally wired.....here is a pic......:cheers:

Attached Files:

5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks good inch an a 1/4 or inch and a half?
  6. Red Rider

They're inch & 1/4 but neck-down to 1 inch at the grips and clamp areas so ya can use stock grips/etc........
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I like the bigger looking bars have 13's on my Heritage...
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Looks good Red. Mine neck down to 1 inch at the center also. Yep your gonna love em.