1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bust thumb, new grips, and a nice surprise

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

It has been just over 3 weeks since the medics took the cast off my right arm and the pins out of my thumb, and just under 3 weeks that I have been riding, mostly on the Yamaha. I still have limited movement of my right thumb and wrist, it is getting better but may take some time for all the movement to return, and both wrist and thumb get tired fast. Recently my limit of riding before getting tired and aching is about one hour. With this in mind I decided to get some Kuryakyn Iso Grips with Throttle Boss for the Softail.

Wow, what a difference. Much more comfortable than the stock grips, almost no sense of vibration. More importantly an hour in the saddle and my hand still felt pretty good. I am seriously impressed with this piece of kit.

Equally impressive and unexpected is this. I ordered the grips though a HD dealership, they got the grips at pretty much the same price I could pick them up on ebay, we fixed a time for the grips to be fitted. Half an hour later, one bike back. They only charged for the cost of the grips, no charge at all for the fitting and mechanic time. Impressed.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

pretty cool!!!!! glad your healing up!!!! a word of caution on the throttle boss......because it is a lever, if.......if you drop the bike it will be very hard not to give it wide open throttle because of this accessory........have fun!!