1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Busy as a three peckered billy goat....but

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by ironhorse, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I know I know, this new title I accuired a few years ago has seemed to consume alot of my biketalk time. I do have a question though, I am gonna head out to join my son on his trip back to the house in May, Lafayette IN to Cheyenne WY, VIA Witchita KS I know of a few stops of interest in KS, CO, but between IN, and KS looking for suggestions, have about 4-5 days for the entire trip as I don't know his ship date yet. Gonna be a friggin hoot, ain't been out that far in about 4 years.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have'nt been up that way in more years then you :eek:
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

we all need to get out more wouldnt ya say.
  4. cowboy

Oh ya we do ,I've been layed up for four months new , had both knees fixed & one went south bad & fast , Just getting to where I can ride again ,But trying to play catch up here at the wifes place , did ride the softail a couples weeks back only about 60 miles , then last weekend took the E g lide out only about 20 miles right leg was/ is not ready for the heavy weight in town :banghead:
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

Dangit dude get healed up and scoot. don't make me come down and force ya, lol, Abby will have to guide me.
  6. cowboy

Ya get her to lead the way & we can all meet up at chucktx place for beer & BBQ :cool:
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Been in Kansas once but only to get the H out of there, nothing there. Came in from Missouri and ran into toll booths so recommend staying away from the interstates. Sounds like a fun trip though.

Couple weeks Maddog and I are doing a trip down to AZ and around.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

well ended up a short trip 350ish day one, worked for a few days, then 700ish, he was ready when I arrived in west lafayette, strapped the goods on and got back a hundredish to blomington before the glitch happened, nothen serious just a bad ground.
    saddled up from bloomington dodged s few thunder boomers and was to York before a shower was decided but only lasted about 30miles, laid up in Kearney and finished it off the next day. found we get about 40% better fuel milage if I'm in the lead, so to sum it up, first iron butt ride for my second son (on a piglet) was a success and damn good.