1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cables and Apes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by skullride, Jun 11, 2004.

1. skullride

skullride New Member

Hey all, Need a silly question answered. Gonna put apes on my Duece (03') and I'm wondering how long of cables to get and where to measure from and to. Single front disc. Stock CV Carb. Thanks Skully
  2. oldevo

oldevo New Member

How tall of apes are ya talkin about? When I put mine on, I measured from the top of the trees(where your risers bolt to) to the higest point of the stock handlebars. Then on your apes, stick the risers on and measure their height. The difference of the two should be how much longer your new cables should be. I even ran my wiring internally. Its a little extra work but it was worth it. That really cleaned up the look of the bars.