1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Calgary to Cold Lake

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Peyts, May 27, 2007.

1. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Went on a great run this past weekend. There were four of us that left Calgary at 9:15am on Friday morning. Pulled in to Didsbury to pick up two more when one of the guys popped a flat on his back tire. Two hours and $20 later, we were back on the road. Another stop in Red Deer to pick up one more, and then enroute to Cold Lake, which is northeast of Edmonton. Pulled in to town after dinner, picked up a bottle rum and enjoyed an evening with some new friends. The next morning a large group of us rode from Cold Lake to St. Paul, where we had a meeting and lunch. After that, I departed the group (as the old lady needed me home... can't really blame her :puke: ). I rode - or should I say FLEW - back to Calgary. 1284 kilometers on the bike in two days... and a nice sun burn on my face to boot. Great ride, great weekend. :)
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds like a good time....especially since the ride is the adventure, the destination can be anywhere!
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a great ride!!! I have told a couple of my German friends (they are also in Km) that a week or so ago I ran to Houston and back to bring chuck my tank and tour pak....was 300 miles round trip, so 483km in one day.... they about crapped a load....don't know what they will say when I do 4k miles or 6500ish km in 10 days or less when I do the Sturgis ride this summer! I think 1200km in 2 days is reasonable!!! hard riding, but very do-able! Aloe is good for the sunburn....put it on at bedtime...put it on THICK....the GEL that is 100% is best.....if you put it on a couple times a day...REAL heavy at bedtime, you may minimize the peeling!!!:D Hope the old lady is happy to see you home and feeling better.
  4. Peyts

Peyts New Member

The sunburn isn't the real problem... its the biker tan that is killing me! My face is burned, with the exception of my forehard (due to my bandana and helmet) and the area around the my eyes (riding glasses). I look like a friggin clown... okay, I tend to always look like a clown, but now I look like a clown with a biker tan.

And the wife is OK... she wasn't sick, other than she just wanted some of the old man... which I guess actually is pretty sick. :p
  5. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I consider the biker tan/burn to be the badge of honor...... least everyone knows what I was doing...and most (deep down) are jealous of that freedom!
  6. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Cheers to that, brother.