1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

California reporter comes to Texas

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 11, 2014.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Aren't you glad I sent that to you :D
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Posted it on a forum where a dude from California lives that is always bustin my chops about the way I live, and how I believe
  4. FLHTbiker

Depending on where you live in Oregon you can shoot out your back yard and many do. I know some guys who have there own shooting range here. I wouldn't live in Calif for nothing. Don't even want to travel through Calif to get to AZ and would rather take the long way around through Idaho and Utah to get to AZ.
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

There used to be a saying long ago: "As goes California goes the rest of the country". The way it is now, let's hope not! Maybe it's a good thing I haven't rode out there to see family & friends. I wouldn't have gotten far with my bike the way it is.

That was a great report! DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!!
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  6. FLHTbiker

I think a lot of states including mine which boarders CA are not following along with their lead any longer . CA has just simply gone stupid with their laws and they are made by idiots. Now, they are wanting you to go through a background check to even buy a box of 22 shells. Next they will want you to register your bow and arrows. :rolleyes:
  7. joshbob

No doubt. When I was in California in the early 60s, I walked into a pawn shop one day and bought a Winchester 30.30 and a box of shells - no questions asked and no I.D., either. You could smoke in movie theaters, too.
  8. FLHTbiker

You would go to jail for the rest of your natural life if you did either now.
  9. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    Moved there in 71 and took me till 91 to finally worm a way back out of there. Great place to visit. Lousy place to live. Some of the best back roads I've been on though. Their politics suck bay water!!!
  10. joshbob

Great place to visit - lousy place to live - that about sums it up. I really hate what California has become. It wasn't always that way. There was a great migration toward California since the dustbowl days of the depression. I reckon since the 60s most of 'em must have been flower children and weirdo's and libturds.
  11. FLHTbiker

Yea, all the flower children and most the hippies grew up and now that's what's running the state and are the professors in the colleges and universities. They still have their wacko ideals and ideas. I was in Calif back in 70 had me a very fine girl friend for 9 months a 58 Impala convertible and yea know what....
    Life Was Good...
    joshbob likes this.
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I sent this to a buddy of mine out in Cal & he says the guy tells the whole truth , But said he's to invested to get out of Cal ,I told him the sell & came on over he thinks like a good Texan anyway
  13. FLHTbiker

Well if you own a hunting rifle in Cal now your gonna have to register it just like a pistol. Lawmakers in Cal must sit around and think what can we do next to screw around with people. Never heard of a state except for maybe New York that has more stupid laws.
  14. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

That Cali. state wasn't always so screwed up. I moved there just following my job in 71 could carry my .357 fishing off creek banks all the time. By 91 when I finally wormed a way back out, it was starting down the communist path. And it has just kept getting worse. If they keep going, there will be no businesses and only idiots left there. Maybe that is what they want. I mean they voted(again) for worthless Jerry Brown. They just don't seem to be able to remember their past!
  15. FLHTbiker

Well when they keep voting idiots for Senators back in over and over like Feinstein and Pelosi then it does not say much for the people of Calif.
  16. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Rumor is , and supposedly confirmed at SHOT in vegas is that Ruger is pulling out of CA as a gun sales company. Apparently they made a minor tech change to the LCP and CA wanted them to resubmit the gun for review ($$$$$) and blacklisted the current gun, so Ruger told them to fug off..

Further Glock has refused to submit the G4 and is Not going to let CA get the G42 or G41 (new guns) and is discontinuing production of the G3, so that means no Glocks for CA...

This is good because if other manufacturers start refusing to be listed then the list is a defacto ban and will be unconstitutional, hopefully the rest will follow and force CA into compliance with the constitution
  17. FLHTbiker

Well there is something we agree on and hope they all do it. But part of me is also thinking that this is how Californicated is slowly getting rid of gun sales in their state. Some big law suits is definitely needed or just wipe the whole state clean and start over with some sensible people, cause they sure have got some idiotic law makers there.
  18. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Cal has never had a good record of keeping good thinking people in office , they seem to just let the same screw up's stay there , As for there gun laws heck Texas has open arms for those company's
  19. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Oregon is getting a lot of refugees from Cali and they absolutely hate them. They are bring their idiotic ideas with them. So it is spreading. I don't think Mexico wants it back anymore either. Never mind, it's almost there already.
    cowboy likes this.
  20. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Cali used to be red but the influx of hispanics and libtards has converted the metro
    areas to progressive meccas

There are too many D registered in the state it will always be blue
    I think it's 36% R, 11% I and the rest are libtard D proggys..

Ronnie Reagan was the last good gov from Libtardia...

There are good conservative R people there, they are just trapped
    by progressives...