1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cam change

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jul 6, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i changed the cams in my 06 geezerglide over the holiday. went from tensioners to andrews 26g geardrive. a great improvement, it runs like an 88cu engine should. lots of lowend torque. gonna be great for pulling my trailer.
    a big thanks to ringo for his help in this little project. it is not a hard thing to do. actually it is just time consuming. most anybody could do it.....piece of cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................:)
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Chuck I'am not good with the numbers on cams , so did you put in the cruzer cams for the glides ?
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Geezerglide? :roflmao: A friend just dropped by and took me out to dinner on his geezerglide. I've never been so comfortable on the back before.

I'm glad it went well, but it's too bad you lost the weekend. If it was as hot down there as it was here, probably not a big loss.
  4. chucktx

they are low end torque cams....come in at about 1800 and pull to about 5200 or so. got them for pulling the trailer and two up.................:)
  5. chucktx

yes it was hot, but got in about 250 today....left early and was nice and cool....maybe 70 on the bike....comming back was following a rain storm...didnt get wet but the coolness in the trees was very refreshing!!!!! i think god turned on the a/c......nearly got goosebumps!!!!:)
  6. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Your welcome Chuck, always glad to help the cause. Glad the job went well, as you said it is fairly simple. More time than anything. Had my bike put on the dyno at school last week. With the SE breather, V&H true duals and the Andrews 26G gear cams I picked up 7hp and 13 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheel. Stock 88 is 58 hp and 70 foot lbs at the rear wheel. I'm now at 65hp and 83 ft. lbs. You will probably pick up a little more. I have the "B" motor and it takes about 3hp to spin the counter-balancers. The low end torque sure makes a difference when your loaded up for a trip. :rocket_bike: :)