1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cam For 91 Softail

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by alexb, Dec 15, 2008.

1. alexb

alexb New Member

Guys, I have a 91 Softail Cust and thinking about a cam ,want something strong all thru power range and one thats hits a lick, right now its mainly stock with Screaming eagle air kit, polished air intake side of carb, drag pipes with baffles, dont want to do much head work, the top end is going to be done after X-Mas and that when the cam will be put in.Any suggestions. Thanks Alex
  2. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

For stock displacement EVO's a very popular choice is the Andrews EV27. It pulls strong from 2500 RPM and doesn't flatten out until 5000 RPM. It doesn't require any top end mods to do it's work. A true bolt in cam.
  3. Cracker

Cracker New Member

1995 FXD superglide
    80" EVO stock heads & jugs never been touched
    Mikuni 42, SE A/C, 6.2 SE ignition module, SE slip ons
    V-Thunder 2015 cam

Bike pulls like a freight train, lots of fun to ride & can get 50mpg if you can keep from twisting the wick, easier said then done ;)

I installed this cam cause it was almost free, the V-thunder cam of choice for this would be a V-Thunder 3010, but I am thrilled with how the 2015 is working out. The V-T cams are a nice option that are quiet running.

Tried to attach the dyno, never done that on this site before.

Cracker

Attached Files: