1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cam mabye

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 1988flhtc in nfld, Oct 21, 2008.

1. 1988flhtc in nfld

1988flhtc in nfld New Member

hey guys
    just reciently lost front cylinder head gasket, my guy tells me no prob, but is wondering if i want to invest in a ev andrews 27 cam , while were at it, says it will improve overall performance. any one with any heads up on that?? right now the 1996 evo engine has a hypercharger and a thunderheader exhaust.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sense your going into it adding a cam would not be a bad idea.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

:devil: It would be a nice upgrade,definately wake up the old Evo, put a new set of stock HD lifters in it while you're at it. A set of Keith Black 9.5:1 pistons would wake up the EV 27 even more.:) If you have a hard time finding any parts you're interested in, let me know.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

EV 27 is nice,
    you need to raise compression, thinner head gasket, change pistons

Might as well have the heads cleaned up new valve springs, port and polish for street, if you need a good reputable porter, call Bill and Amy at
    Bishop's Performance - Parts & Service for Harley Davidson, Buell, and other American V-Twins just do the stage 1 street clean up.

for cams JMO woods w-6 cam is a better choice than ev27, it will get the motor on the cam quicker.

Wood Performance Carburetors - High Performance Harley Carbs and Cams
  5. 1988flhtc in nfld

k guys thanks for the heads up, pretty sure the ole girl will be just a rokkin by spring , mabye a return trip to alberta to work, im in alberta now sure miss the ole girl , oh and the ole lady too, haha. say lucifer did your buddy know the bike?
    i explained your bikes to the guy i got mine from he seems to think he knows the bikes and you.
  6. Lucifer

Yeah, he said he prolly does, can't remember if he worked on it tho.
    If the only place you have to get parts on the rock is at the Stealer there, get in touch with me. We can prolly get them a little cheaper even with the cost to ship em to you. Must be gettin a little cool up in McMurray now eh. ;)
    The EV 27 and a CR bump should take some of the "hit n hope" outta the throttle for ya.:) :devil:
  7. 1988flhtc in nfld

thanx man
    my guys been orderin his parts out of tT.O. for years. says he gets great deals, and parts in 4 or 5 days. gonna go with that i think.
    ft mac was 9 degrees today, gets frosty in the morn though.
    goin home x mass 2 months school , do some sleddin,
    if i need any thing ill get back to you
    i was checkin out your pic on toad, i met a guy gerry warner toads nephew, he bought a heritage off him. know him.
    rob
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  8. Lucifer

No I don't, my bud Keith knew Toad well, I just knew him from buying parts from him for the last 20yrs or so....sad.. the motorcyle world lost a great man when he passed.
    9 degrees....geeze warmer there than here....for now.. 4 degrees in the Cape right now at 7AM. NL and NB had snow yesterday I was told:gah: