1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Carb Rejetting- 03 Roadking w/88 in.

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by toocraig, Apr 3, 2017.

1. toocraig

toocraig Member

Any assistance would b muchly appreciated! I'm looking to rejet my stock carb on 2003 roadking with 88 in.eng and HD stage 1 intake. its only got 26 k miles now and I changed to 2/1 patriot exhaust with header pipe about 8k miles ago. I delayed rejetting but now tailpipe is turning a copper tone (LOL), has alot of black carbon buildup inside it, and gets poor gas mpg! is it a cv carb? which of their rebuild kits would work best? thanx guys! a dude said gas could mix into the oil but I don't smell gas in oil after a ride.

THANX FOR REPLY! No gas smell by the bike parked after a ride but as mentioned burning a lot of fuel and the back half of 2/1 pipe is turning a copper tone ( LOL) tint and a lot of black carbon buildup inside tail pipe. these set of pipes have about 8k miles on em! oh, and the carb is orig. untouched with HD stage 1 intake on the 2003 88 inch eng. bike only has 26 k miles on it too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
    Red Rider likes this.
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Red Rider likes this.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

4. James Powers

James Powers New Member

Wound up 48/195 after installing cv tuner kit and runs better every day. Bout 45k on it now
  5. James Powers

James Powers New Member

The CVs are excellent carbs on a 88 twincam if set up right. My belief every bit as good as S&S and hellva lot cheaper