1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Carbs tech weekend!!!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Apr 3, 2007.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Wow ..first I put a Mikuni on a softail...this dude already has the gear drive and chain driven with a valve job....he wanted something else...so I hooked him up with a buddy that had a brand new mikuni(I actually had it now for two years on a shelf) and sold it....... then installed it..dialed it in..!!!
    That was fun!!! and EZ!!!.. it only took a bit to dial it...in 1-3 gears the thing is puling the wheels!!
    sweet paint job he did it himself....and he rides wild....got home feeling good about that and ended up fixing my neighbor's newly bought 1961 tecumseh snow blower, roto-tiller. fella told him it ran last year...(I think he night have meant last year it ran was 1964) anyways.. a 50 dollar buy for it...ended up
    150 dollars later finally almost running..I took the magical screw driver and adjusted the bowl etc...an whammo!! it runs!!! idles and all!!!!. So now I get half the money he makes next year with the snow blower and the other fella is giving me a discount paint job!!!! can't beat that ..oh yeah I drank their beer too!!!!! sweet kinda weekend..work on other peoples stuff and left mine alone..$now....dang this tinker-itus......every spring....:cool: oh yeah did I mention I drank their beer?!!!
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

voodoo, sounds like you are chilling in the shade!!! :chopper: Always nice to get parts off your shelf, then to help a neighbor with the snowblower......was almost thinking you had helped my dad....then realized that you said a 1961 snowblower.... we didn't get one with an engine until I made it a "business" as a teen and did the whole DA#M neighborhood....course, dad bought the machine, I made the money.....I couldnt' complain! :cheers: I will be having chucktx do some paint for me.... I got an extra tank from ebay, and will defray from total cost when I sell my current tank on ebay!!! (bought one on ebay so my bike would not be out of commission during the paint......so will sell that once paint is done!) HEY!!! Just thought of THAT.....so, the wife should not be quite as upset with me!!! :fight: :roflmao: Anyway, sounds like you have had a great week!