1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Carbs/tuning requests and thanx to ya

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Jan 2, 2009.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

this might not be the right forum for this but,
    So happy I know and can do this stuff myself, but when I need fine tuned or my memory jogged I just pop in here!!!
    Ya know it is quite often ya see the same stuff asked over and over and some of the questions might seem simple to alot but;
    It is always SO great to see those who want to learn no matter the age and those that are willing to share their knowledge. Thanks to fellas like CD,HRK,Killer,Chucktx,Kenfuzed and now Art J.
    I am sure I missed a few others that are site gurus over the years.
    But ya know who ya are!

I do owe alot to my dad who when I was a whole lot less old than I am now had me in the garage working on our family cars,racecars, maintenance on lawnmowers,motorcycles, dirtbikes and chainsaws, ie, anything with an engine. I remember when I was 10changing the brakes(by myself) and rotors on our familiy 3/4 chevy truck. Ya know the kind where ya gotta pack the bearings with grease.:D
    Rebuilding Muncies and changing throw out bearings in my sleep by 15.
    Porting and polishing the racecar goodies by 15 as well. then our own Machine shop for over 30 years!!! Tuning,timing,dwell,TDC,adjuting/rebuilding carbs and all the other fun stuff are not that common anymore.Seemed like we needed to know it back then, or at least I did. LOL
    I rebuilt my first real car a 55 chevy literally from the ground up during highschool before I went in the service. I ended up with the ol 3/4 for my day to day work and to school use,good thing I know how to do brakes!!!
    Never gave it much thought as to how I knew how to do it till later on in life.(NEVER did learn how to paint but body work was fun too!!
    So I say to ya bike gurus that help THANKS for filling in the blanks when I have asked for your help,opinions and all as well, and have a great NEW YEAR!!! I am sure I'll have something to ask ya before it is over:D
    To those of ya new to here or green behind the ears with the tools and mechanical backround, ask away!!! this place is a bountiful place of knowledge. Heck we even got our own recipe forum. I know that came after a few of us were rambling on about shrimp,(LOL)
    Later :cool:
    Voo1
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool post voo........dont know bout' that guru stuff, but we all try to help when we can. have a great newyear!!!!!! and stay safe!!!!:)