1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Chaps

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Oct 12, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Was talkin a year or so ago about I walked into a cycle gear and found a pair of lined chaps that you could take the liner out. They might be in stock and you might have to order them.

Here is a link on the chaps and a video on them. Look at the Video.

I've really enjoyed these chaps. They are the best chaps I've ever owned. Used them this weekend with it was 50*

Cycle Gear - STREET & STEEL: Heavy Duty Deep-Pocket Leather Motorcycle Chaps, BLACK
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

thank's for the link , I was riding saterday night just had a light jacket & jeans stop in & had a cold one & there was about 7-8 bikes & about 50-60 people all whereing leathers :roflmao:just had one & had to leave it was to funnie to see
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well if its cold out leather can help keep you warm and they can also save your hide if ya ever go down. That why most people I know up here where em.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am wondering what ol' cardboard is going to do if it does get cold.....probably hole up next to the fire with a warm glass o' wine.....or whine??!!!!!!!!!:roflmao:
  5. FLHTbiker

Merciless just plain merciless :rolleyes: :D
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

want cheese with that wine ,,, whine...
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

when you have a large room full of people & only about 6-7 bikes out front & most are whereing leathers theres' something wrong , they all get dressed up to ride & drive the trucks just to look cool , I do have a set of chaps & leather jacket but don't put them on till about 50-55 degree ,& darn sure don't where them in my cage :eek:looked like a room full of RUBS :D
  8. FLHTbiker

One year in Sturgis we were riding around the side streets off the main drag while looking for a place to park the bikes. I spotted a car that had just pulled up and a bunch of people all got out. Yep, there were all wearing leather chaps and vests, laughed my asss off as they walked into town. Posers for sure. :roflmao:
  9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

brought my sons pig from laramie before the snow, reminded me what the diff between faring and non is, full leathers, and 40deg enjoyed it and man is that spunky sporty fun.....but do enjoy the faring