1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

check this out, case breather problems

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by oldsuperglide, Mar 14, 2006.

1. oldsuperglide

oldsuperglide New Member

Went through motor, new top end,wire harness,wheel bearings,many other things. Problem breather puking lots of oil. For 2 weeks took off oil pump many times new springs balls, lapped in ball seating surface, gaskets, measurment double checked everything. I knew the breather gear was in right, but finally decided to remove the nose cone. I hoped the gears were off there marks. They were right on. I looked at the new gasket and there it was, the problem. The part of the gasket that seperated the lower back of motor from the cam gear side was missing. Wrong gasket. I went through hell for 2weeks. Now body could put there finger on the problem. 1 1/2 longx.060thick caused so much trouble and the mess. You should see the garage floor. ALWAYS CHECK THE GASKETS. This is for everybody, hope it does not happen to you.
  2. RiverRat

RiverRat New Member

Ah Ha!

I ran into a problem that is similar, and I just wanted to share this. About 2 years ago I bought a video on eBay that covers my Shovel. I thought I might be disappointed but when I got it I was totally surprised at the stuff this thing covers. I have referred to it many times and would recommend it to anyone, even if you think you are very experienced (like I know I am). The tape is now available in DVD and one for your bike model (Pan, Shovel, Evo, Sporty, etc.) should be there. You can search Harley maintenance DVD on eBay and jump right to them. You don't have to thank me, just be glad you found it. ;)
    Rat
  3. CD

CD Guest

Sounds like the 93 and later EVO nose breather gasket