1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Check this Out.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Dec 7, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I saw this on a different site and I thought we could have some fun with it here.

The Harley Davidson Rich Urban Biker. The RUB. We see them everywhere. The middle aged dude with the goofy smile and the shiny bike... He shines that bad boy all week then rides to the Harley Shop to get more polish...

RUBS are silly. Don't be a RUB.

Difficulty: Easy
    Instructions
    Things You'll Need:

* A Harley Davidson Motorcycle.
    * Leathers.
    * Boots.
    * Duct tape.

Step 1

Many guys who own Harley Davidson Motorcycles are RUBS. You know if you are a RUB. Follow these steps and get out of Rubdom.
    Step 2

The talk:

You don't have a Hawg. You have a bike or a scooter. You take bike out or you're gonna go for a run on the scooter.

You do not take trips. You go on runs on the bike, or you take a little ride on the scooter.
    Step 3

The gear:

We don't have jackets and chaps. We have leathers. Our leathers are old, cracked and have that "been there" look.

We don't have a helmet. We wear a hat, or a top. It is best to have big scratch on the hat. If ever asked, we only wear that thing because the law is trying to take our freedoms from us. Never, ever admit to anyone, even yourself, that you wear it to please the wife.

We don't wear sneakers, loafers or those ankle shoes. We wear boots. Big boots. Boots with thick soles. They must be dirty. It is best to wrap some duct tape around one boot, to compliment the look of the leathers.
    Step 4

The look:

Never smile while you are on or anywhere near the scooter. Avoid shaving for three days prior to any run.

If someone sees you while you've been on the bike and they ask where you've been, you do not say, "I went down to the Harley Davidson Store to get some leather conditioner."

What you do is, first clear your throat like you're getting the road dust out, then respond with, "Took a little run down to the bike shop...been checkin out some new two-into-one pipes for the scooter."

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

:eek::roflmao:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a visual.......

Attached Files:

• 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      47.4 KB
      Views:
  4. JohnnyBiker

:gah::gah: Now here is another person messing with someone that prefers to wear HD gear. That is messed up.:D
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao:
  6. JohnnyBiker

Be careful you might hurt yourself!!!:rant::roflmao::D
  7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I got HD gear, Like the FXRG jacket.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

My boots are old bought em in Sturgis 96, been resoled a few times but still working. Not HD

My chaps are old and have had to replace both zippers now, great in the rain and cold weather but still working. Not HD

My required helmet is old, with stickers of profanity, wisdom, anti gun control, things said about women that we won't mention here, and various other interesting comments all over it, but still working. Not HD

My jeans are jeans no brand name just jeans, Not HD

My head cover has a rose on it for Portland (city of roses) or a Vietnam one, old yep but they work cause my head would burn without it..there still working..Not HD

My leather jacket is brand frickin new (wife through my old crusty one out along with my worn out faded vest :eek: :cussing: Yep its a working and keeps me warm on these cold winter days when I get to ride. AND YES ITS A FU98ING HARLEY JACKET. Reason why HD, cause there quality don't suck and its nice a thick.

This old body has been riding sense 14, had a old Honda 305 on the Island of Guam..rode around it searching for women, sadly none to be found. I've probably got somewheres between 200-400 thousand miles on a bike. Don't care about being a real biker or not; just like to ride. :D