1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Check this picture out after reading...

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Nov 11, 2009.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

The Mayans were incredible architects even by today's standards. The Pyramid of Kukulcan is a square based stepped pyramid approximately 100 feet tall constructed around 1000 AD. The structure has special astronomical significance in that each face of the pyramid has a stairway with 91 steps, which together with the common step comprising the platform at the top, add up to 365 - the number of days in the year. These stairways also divide the nine terraces of each side into 18 segments representing the eighteen months of the Mayan calendar.

The pyramid's design has special significance in that during the equinoxes and solstices of our solar year the setting sun casts a shadow of a serpent on the northern steps of the pyramid.

Clearly, the sun also has special significance to the designers of the new College avenue bridge in Appleton as can be seen by the imagery produced by the afternoon sun. Although I can not attest to this fact, given the symmetry of the design, I suspect that this picture was taken when the sun was at its zenith and that the rising and falling of the sun will produce a change in the image which culminates in the image seen here.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

only getting the main page chuck, where from there
  3. chucktx

4. chucktx

sorry bout that.........
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Now thats a head ups very talented people back then
  6. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

They created the first rocket ship.
  7. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

:roflmao::roflmao:
  8. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

I believe that is on the College avenue bridge in Appleton not part of the temple, and I bet it will be changed shortly! I bet they have a few ? for the designer;)
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao::roflmao: