1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Chirp chirp

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ironhorse, Mar 27, 2007.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

flhxi getting a chirp from the pipes sounds like the right side. if they wern't stock I would go for the baffle, and I haven't declared a cracked weld or seam out yet. it is already in at the stealerhip on a recall for the regulator and speaker warranty, by the way it's 100% stock (at least the drivetrain) for another year. anyway lets here what you got.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

check the clamp holding the muffler to the pipe...make sure the "split" in the pipe is covered and clamp is tight!!!
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Also double check the rear pipe where they meet right before the muff they been know to crack on the inside close to the tire side
    :cheers:
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

fyi

got the scooter back they said they didn't hear any thing nor find any thing got it home and checked it over didn't find any thing, and when I went to nev I didn't hear it any more guess the chirp is in the head....mine:D
  5. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Might be characteristic of the vehicle ! I ocassionally hear what might be described as a chirp from my pipes...could be just the way you are seated & how you have your head turned....I ususally only notice it when I've been cruzin for a while. As long as it doesn't blow up & maim me, I'm ok with it LOL