1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Choosing an exhaust for my bike

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by mhdc1, Jul 29, 2007.

1. mhdc1

mhdc1 New Member

Hi all looking for some tips for exhaust on my bike. Running 04 HD , Classic 95 kit, screaming eagle heads, screaming eagle IGn Mod, 42 Mikuni Carb, 211 cams(Midrange), K&N freeflow air filter, Pingle petcock,V&H Propipe (2 into 1) can remove trunk change to badlander seat and low profile windscreen then can play a little. Hi 90's for both HP and Torque
    the weld on the pipe baffles all 3 tacks broke retacked them but presume will happen again.
    , thought of Python 3 but can only find slip on's and nothing on the performance of them or reinharts want loudness possibly true duals but no crossover
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Once you've ridden with a 2-1 exhaust system you probably won't be happy with many of the other duals that are out there. 2 into 1 pipes are always among the top performers when it comes to torque and overall performance.

If you decide to stay with a 2 into 1 system (my recommendation), I've heard goods things about the D&D Fat Cat 2-1 3.5" setup. It incorporates a stepped header and they have a special baffle just for big bores. Here's a link to these pipes on their site and they have a link there showing a dyno run as well.
    D&D Exhaust | Harley Davidson | FLH/FLT 3.5" Fatcat
  3. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

Sorry to hear your propipe broke. I've had one on my 96 Road King since it was new and never broke the welds ( I have had to replace the billet end cap due to peeling chrome ). As Ken said, once you've run a Pro Pipe it's hard to go backwards, they build great horsepower and there aren't problems with big dips in the torque curve like some of the other 2 into 1 systems. A new baffle for the pipe is only about $40.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

from what your saying you have eather a road king or E glide , I heard supertrap is now making a 2into 1 system for baggers, Me I run V&H true dules with hollowed out se slip-on's & big city thunder baffles , but I don't have a 95 in kit yet just a fat head TC with some mild mod's
  5. 07Fatty

07Fatty New Member

I would stay with the 2 into 1. I have the new V & H Big radius 2 into 1 for the 07 96" with a K & N big filter, before tuning with the harley race tuner it picked up 5 hp and 6fpt over stock. :eek:
  6. Hugo

Hugo New Member

The bottom line is, they say u cant beat 2 into 1 pipes for performance.Cannot not tell u how important the exhaust system is regarding your bikes performance. Its the last peace to your puzzle, for me it was Vance+Hines PRO PIPE HS that gave me the hp + torque.I believe u cant go wrong with this pipe,its a proven performer:D Good luck!
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Pulled a pro pipe off my buddies 113 RK, It's for sale for $125 if you want it.

He put on the supertrapp 2-1 tuneable, a lot quieter which is what he wanted.