1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Chrome Accessories

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 4, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I am wondering if you prefer to buy HD's chrome for switch housings, master cylinders for front brakes and associated hardware? Or is there one that is better (vendor) and cheaper??
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I would go with HD at least you know they will / should back them in Case they peal
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I had HD chrome controls and the clutch lever bracket broke where the pivot pin goes through the bracket, lever then bracket again. I now have a Kuryakyn clutch lever bracket. It is essentially very similar to the HD one BUT it is a little bit heavier made. I trust it should last longer and it was cheaper.
  4. JohnnyBiker

How is Kuryakyn with their warranty if something should go wrong? It is weird, I really don't think all that much of them but I seem to buy a lot of stuff from them... :banghead::D Thanks FB...
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I have had several chrome items from them and never had to find out.
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

kuryakyn has top notch service
  7. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

They are a good company I run there Mike Rolland cams in my motor. Top notch kit. If it was. Not. A good. Company. He wouldn't. Be a part. Of it .I trust their engine parts. And there chrome
  8. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I see that H-D now has their cuved chrome Licence plate frameI bought from Kuriyakin now in thier catalouge.
  9. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

No experience with Harley's chrome switch housings and m/c's...but, what I've seen with their lower belt guards,pulley covers and other accessories,they're cheaply done...seen them rusted and not very old...IMO the 8 yr old tie one eze kid that does their chroming is not very good at it...:rolleyes:
  10. JohnnyBiker

I guess I am going to have get a catalog..
  11. AnthonyMartello

AnthonyMartello New Member

Hi..
    For the chrome housing and switches, I think I paid about $125. Using the Honda repair manual, I wired everything up. The only down side is that I don't have a controller for the turn signals, so I have to keep the turn signals pressed in to use them, which really isn't that bad. I always looked at black and chrome bikes as very plain. I would say 75% of the bikes on the road are these colors. I think I'll leave well enough alone because it's all I've ever known I would definitely want both the hand and foot rear brake functional . Hard to teach an old dog new tricks .

Cheers!!
    Anthony
  12. JohnnyBiker

No offense but chrome on a sport bike would look very odd. Hey, mine has some orange in it...:cool:
  13. JohnnyBiker

I looked briefly at Kuryakans web site last and I would have to say that their web site sucks.......... I have to go to my dealer tomorrow anyways so I will take a look at their book. Thank You gentleman...:cool: