1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Chroming

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 15, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I was wondering if any knew of a place that does a really good job at chrome plating and would be able to chrome plate my CV carb? Any leads would be much appreciated. :D
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

3. JohnnyBiker

Hey Thank You HRK, this is going to be really helpful. I appreciate it.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

No prob they have a great rep..
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i second browns.....been using them since the early 70's
  6. JohnnyBiker

How is their turn around time? I think that the custom shop here in my hometown uses these guys, but he would never tell me. The only thing that the guy would tell me is that he goes to a company in Kentucky. Just a question, how much do you think that he would charge to chrome that CV of mine?
  7. chucktx

turn around time is pretty good..........price will vary on the amount of prep they have to do....call them, talk to them, they have good customer service......and can/will answer all questions.....
  8. JohnnyBiker

Thank You, I am going to give these guys a call today.
  9. JohnnyBiker

I got a hold of Browns today. Yep this is the place that the local bolt on chopper guy sends his parts for chrome. I asked the dude about my carb and he quoted me $360. and he said it would take 10 days. I can live with that, but I am not going to do that until near end of the riding season for us Sotans. :roflmao:

What does everyone think of that price?
  10. chucktx

i think the price is reasonable......there is a great amount of labor involved....everything has to be cleaned, then once the process is completed, every nook and cranny will have to be polished, a lot of it by hand. that is how they get that comb your hair finish.....
  11. JohnnyBiker

Yeah the guy was telling me that there is a lot of plugging holes that has to be done. After he told me what had to be done, then he told me the price and I thought to myself that that is a really good price. JUst talking to guy, even before we got into the tech stuff kind of made me want to go to this guy. Real personable. for me, that goes a long way, along with knowing how to do the job and doing a good job.

This is really cool, at the same time that I asked everyone here where I could get my CV chromed, I had asked Sumax if they would be able to do it, and if they couldn't if they had any referrals that they point me to. They said Brown's as well. :D