1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Chubby bars

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by FLHTbiker, Jan 30, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I'm thinking of buying some Chubby bars for the springer and have come up with the Wild 1 bars in either the 12.5 or 16 inch in a 11/4 bar. Need some feed back and where is a good honest motorcycle store to buy em at. Harley shop want's full retail price so won't go there. I checked bike bandit but there still closed for a family emergency, there prices are not bad and then there is always E-bay.

Here is the Wild 1 web page for the 12.5 bar
    Wild 1 Inc. Online Catalog Customer Bikes - Handlebars, Skull Covers, Parts and Accessories for your Harley Davidson.

Wide 1 for the 16 inch bar
    Wild 1 Inc. Online Catalog Customer Bikes - Handlebars, Skull Covers, Parts and Accessories for your Harley Davidson.

Is the 16 inch to tall and what would be more of a comfortable bar?
  2. duke76

duke76 New Member

I went with 16 on my road king and like them, had wg bars first didnt care for them but do like the 16s, on a road king anyway, I dont know if they would be to high on a springer or not it would be good to see them on the bike you want to put them on and sit on it but I know this isnt always possible, 16 on my king are good but 16s on my buddys heritage seems a little tall, im 5 11, Todd
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i believe if you go to the dealer, they have a setup that you can sit on and check out the different bars. if you act like your going to buy a set you get lots of help. pick some that are similar to the chubbys. when ya find what ya like, tell em thanks, ya gonna mull it around for a while........lol lol lol
  4. FLHTbiker

Chuck, our dealer has no such setup. I've been looking at a lot of setups and do like the quality of the Wild 1 bars. I've got a friend with a Cross Bones who has 16's and need to get over there he said come on over and sit on his bike. I'm just concerned that 16's would be to high on the Heritage Springer.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if you are going for the "old school" look....16" may look pretty cool, but as you stated they may be uncomfortable..........

got your envelope today.......thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!:)
  6. FLHTbiker

Glad you got it Chuck, hope it works for you.