1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Cleaning with what

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Apr 4, 2007.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

What do you use to help keep you scooter clean? I don't sell any type of product for this But have a few in the cabnet in the garage , after a good wash dependends on how dirty I have used pigsnot detail , I heard about it from a rider a few years back , My bro-in-law bought some lucus cleaning stuff a while back & it seems to work real good a well we have some other stuff I keep around for my old truck's as well
    :cheers:
  2. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

I use S-100, works great. Unless you get oil or grease on the bike, there is no scrubbing required. Just spray it on and rinse it off. The best thing I found for cleaning chrome is window cleaner, ie. windex, sparkle, etc. Makes it shine like a mirror. As far as making the paint shine. I use Duragloss 101. It's is the original wet look polish. Lot of classic car owners use it. It is a liquid, not a paste, and you can use it in direct sun. Buff this stuff off and in the reflection you will be able to see the pores in your skin.
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I use a little bit of everything. Since I tend to get sucked in to buying some new polish or cleaner everytime I go to an event I've built up quite a collection. I too like the S-100 and pigsnot products. The only products I don't use anymore are the McGuires line. For the full bath I use one of those Mr. Clean car washers most of the time since it has the spot-free rince feature, which is simply a water purifier filter. I live in an area with hard water so spotting is always a problem when washing the truck or bike.

Every so often I polish or clean the chrome with Wenol cream polish which also seems to help repel dirt better than nothing at all.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I have been using a product called ShowTime. It is Superior to anything else I have ever used. I buy it at my local HD dealer and its available at Wingman in Portland. The Oregon motorcycle instructors all use it now. There is a women dealer for it in Oregon but its made somewhere in the Midwest by BioTech products, Inc and here is a phone number 1-800-477-9384. I don't sell it but I use it now exclusively for the Bikes. The lady had a booth set up at Street Vibs in Reno last year. You try it you will not use anything else.
    Comes in a spray can and has no silicones products which is great. I love the stuff and it will really put on a shine even if the paint is dull. :)
  5. cowboy

I have never heard off The S-100 stuff, sound's good , & like ken I get suckered into different cleaning product's at car/ truck's show & bike events, I was asking to see what other's used & thought of different products
    :cheers:
  6. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I started out using wife-1 & she didnt clean it very well...moved on to wife-2 & she only cleaned it on occasion...I've tried kid1, 2 & 3 & they leave scratches....
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

mine stays pretty dirty, except for the windshield and mirrors, head and spot lights.............:)
  8. cowboy

chuck, I'am not saying I clean my bike before I go for a ride , in fact I had a guy ask me why my bike is dirty, I said because I ride it it's a 03 with 47+ k miles on it , i was just wondering what else some people do clean with , I have onle added two pieces of chrome to it other then what came on it , & that s came from a swap meet , I added the chrome wind deflecter to the front end look's like chrome spears on the front & they work
    :cool:
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

well, when i do wash it....i use car wash soap from the dollar store. it is always different brand. but it is a dollar!!! lol lol i will also wax from time to time...i use the same wax/polish i use on my paint jobs, it is from 3m and is in the finessit line...great stuff, and lasts a long time.
  10. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

I use Awsome Orange degreaser on my engine. Spray it on cold and hose it off after 10 minutes. Works better than S-100, doesn't leave white deposits if you don't get it all off and it's half the price for 4 times as much product. I use Turtle wax car soap for the rest of the bike and Dupont finish glaze for the wax. The engine on my 96 RoadKing looks as good as any of the newer twincams and it's got 70k on it.
  11. cowboy

vybr8er Does you 96 RK have the black case's ? All I ever use to wash is the blue corral car wask stuff , & some car wax , if it's not to dirty I do have some pig snot detail spray seem's to work real well , I had a regular rider show me how it work;s one time well having a beer , so a while back at a swap meet I found a can & got it cheeper then any dealer price
  12. Cracker

Cracker New Member

For the real grime...I go for the super soak at the local quarter (more like dollars now a days) car wash followed with the wax & spot free rinses. Real carefull not to get to close to the wheel bearings & inner fairing , but find nothing easier or works better for the black engine case parts & bug sh&t. Towel off the majority & hit the road to breeze dry the rest...

I have to fess up & admit...I'm real anal about keeping my bike clean...I do ride it, 19K on my 05. Not bad only get in maybe 6~7 months a year...maybe less this year, this weather here in Ill sucks:cussing:!!
    PS > If I have to wear a snowmobile suit to ride might as well be on a snowmobile...

Just use any detailer between washes and Zymoil normally for the wax.

The kids got me a bottle of some Mequiars Gold Glass I just tried a few days ago...easy on & easy off, worked great. A whole bunch easier the the Mequiars I remember fighting with out of the can on my cars 25 years ago!

Ride Safe!

Cracker
  13. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

Yes, it's got black cases and they look great!
  14. cowboy

vybr8er, so the orange wont stick to it & leave white mark's , I need some thing like that , thanks for the answer
  15. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

If I get a chance to clean my bike, I use good ole soap and water. Sometimes I just use s100. That stuff is awesome!!!:)
  16. TERRY50

TERRY50 New Member

Wax

I Tried Every Was There Is. Picked Up A Bottle Of (ice) My Simonise, The Stuff Is The Greatest Wax I Have Ever Used. It Doesent Leave Any Was Build Up. You Get A Fiber Cloth With It. Shines Like A Harley Should